Check your account email address ×

Any concerts in your future???

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Whoa.....thats cool. 

Used to be a bar on the south side that had a lot of great acts. I lived about a mile or 2 away. I saw so many bands and musicians there. Blue oyster cult, Robin trower, Frank Marino, Rick deringer, shitload of local blues legends.

I also had an old boss who used to be in some bands and owned a bunch of clubs. Seemed like he knew everybody. We used to get into alot of venues thru his connections. But we drank alot and did alot of drugs back then so late eighties/early nineties is a little foggy. :lol: good times tho. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Used to be a bar on the south side that had a lot of great acts. I lived about a mile or 2 away. I saw so many bands and musicians there. Blue oyster cult, Robin trower, Frank Marino, Rick deringer, shitload of local blues legends.

I also had an old boss who used to be in some bands and owned a bunch of clubs. Seemed like he knew everybody. We used to get into alot of venues thru his connections. But we drank alot and did alot of drugs back then so late eighties/early nineties is a little foggy. :lol: good times tho. 

How did you not get killed.....skinny white boy on the south side???????????????????

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

He did for sure. Ever wake up and be like, "where the fuck am I?" Haha :lol:

Ahh yah......many times :lol: 

Ever spend a whole day with fucked up shit from the night before slowly migrating into your reality and making you feel less and less comfortable with what happened as it comes back to you :lol:  

Just now, f7ben said:

Ever spend a whole day with fucked up shit from the night before slowly migrating into your reality and making you feel less and less comfortable with what happened as it comes back to you :lol:  

Unfortunately yes. And not that long ago even! :lol:

It's one of the reasons I don't drink hard liquor anymore... :news:

Just now, f7ben said:

Was that one of your night at moby dicks on Hennepin ave? :lol: 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Unfortunately yes. And not that long ago even! :lol:

It's one of the reasons I don't drink hard liquor anymore... :news:

I dont really drink hard liquor either anymore......that shit is no good when you have built up the tolerance that I have. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

That was before your time. I forget some times that you’re a youngster. 

I hate downtown minneapolis......some decent clubs but a clusterfuck to get in and out of 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I hate downtown minneapolis......some decent clubs but a clusterfuck to get in and out of 

Moby’s was one of the more colorful bars on the strip. If you wanted it, moby’s had it. My buddy was murdered in front of the bar during the late “70’s. Had the top of his head taken off with an aluminum basesball bat. I guess he said the wrong thing to to wrong guy. Pimps, hustlers, soldiers on leave, whores, queers, lady boys, blacks, whites, etc, etc...everybody you could imagine was there. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Moby’s was one of the more colorful bars on the strip. If you wanted it, moby’s had it. My buddy was murdered in front of the bar during the late “70’s. Had the top of his head taken off with an aluminum basesball bat. I guess he said the wrong thing to to wrong guy. Pimps, hustlers, soldiers on leave, whores, queers, lady boys, blacks, whites, etc, etc...everybody you could imagine was there. 

Sounds like the kind of place I strive to avoid....

Just now, f7ben said:

Sounds like the kind of place I strive to avoid....

It was a different time back then. 1st Avenue was just on the cusp of getting big. Prince and The Time (Morris Day) were just around the corner. It really wasn’t all that bad. My buddy was a statistic just waiting to happen. Lots of insane, but memorable times. I saw prince when he was a virtual nobody. When that little fucker walked on stage he owned it. He had a stage presence like no one I’d ever seen. Minneapolis was a pretty cool place back then. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

It was a different time back then. 1st Avenue was just on the cusp of getting big. Prince and The Time (Morris Day) were just around the corner. It really wasn’t all that bad. My buddy was a statistic just waiting to happen. Lots of insane, but memorable times. I saw prince when he was a virtual nobody. When that little fucker walked on stage he owned it. He had a stage presence like no one I’d ever seen. Minneapolis was a pretty cool place back then. 

I just like to pretty much know that nobody is going to stick a knife in me when I'm not looking.......I have a tough time controlling my mouth when I drink and I am pretty fearless. I dont like being out of my element and partying hard.