Check your account email address ×

Game changing

“Judd said his initiative would screen and select teachers with skill and psychological requirements that exceed the Florida State Police's requirements for their officers.”

that wouldn’t be hard to do. It’s a stupid idea in my opinion. There’s better options. 

7 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Now you don't trust psychologists opinions anymore?

A man can be paid enough to say anything regardless of their profession. In my school district we don’t need armed teachers. The community has found that an armed police liaison officer is a good idea. 

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

A man can be paid enough to say anything regardless of their profession. In my school district we don’t need armed teachers. The community has found that an armed police liaison officer is a good idea. 

It would save taxes and increase firearm awarness in the community if they trained civilian teachers already employed by the district. Why should police be the only people armed? Something about ones right to defend themselves perhaps?

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

South Dakota already has a school sentinel program, teachers/volunteers can become sentinels.

Neal

That's awesome. And no I don't believe it will start shootouts in schools. I believe it will drive wimp shooters to weaker targets.