You Are Not Fit to Be President....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

When has a direct payment been made?  A simple copy and paste will do.

I explained to you the other day that that doesn't work on this site, a simple google search arms for hostages and you will find plenty to read.

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Just like the Khan story...........I can't get away from it.  :lol: 

No not near as much, but that isn't near as an emotional story that boosts ratings, just like you rarely see houses being built but many being burnt down.

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

No not near as much, but that isn't near as an emotional story that boosts ratings, just like you rarely see houses being built but many being burnt down.

Yeah, I'm sure that is it.

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Yeah, I'm sure that is it.

I'm sure you don't think that's it, Obama rules the world and the media overlooks this , even though it was just on my local news, like it or not emotional bad news stories, disasters, death and destruction is what drives viewership not in depth stories that require thought.

10 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

I just hope that Trump plays this one right...totally unacceptable.

As said..we DO NOT PAY RANSOMS!

ASK REAGAN!

Isn't Reagan highly regarded?

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Isn't Reagan highly regarded?

He took a lot of crap for iran-contra ..lost a lot of key people and rightfully so probably.

I have to brush up on all of this but at least the guns were for rebel fighters right?

It was finally found that National Security Advisor Poindexter had personally authorized the diversion of money to the Contra rebels; all the while withholding the information from President Reagan. The CIA's William J. Casey played a part in the conspiracy, but he died during the hearings.

Oliver North

As a military aide to the National Security Council, North had been the main negotiator. During his hearings he repeatedly explained that he was "under orders from his superiors." North's plea of innocence was overlooked, and in May 1989, he was convicted of obstructing Congress and unlawfully destroying government documents. A few years later, when George H.W. Bush was president, North's conviction was expunged on the grounds that he had acted strictly out of patriotism.

Poindexter was convicted in April 1990 on five counts of deceiving Congress and sentenced to six months in prison. Two years later, Weinberger also was convicted of five counts of deceiving Congress. Both Poindexter and Weinberger's convictions were overturned — which relieved them of any accumulated responsibility.

On Christmas Eve 1992, President Bush issued presidential pardons to all indicted in the scandal. The Iran-Contra Affair was ended.

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1889.html

The cash was actually the first installment of a $1.7 billion settlement between the Obama administration and Iran over a failed arms deal signed just prior to the 1979 fall of Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, administration officials say.

Just now, Mainecat said:

The cash was actually the first installment of a $1.7 billion settlement between the Obama administration and Iran over a failed arms deal signed just prior to the 1979 fall of Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, administration officials say.

Yeah..right,wanna buy a bridge?

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

He took a lot of crap for iran-contra ..lost a lot of key people and rightfully so probably.

I have to brush up on all of this but at least the guns were for rebel fighters right?

Yes he took crap, and yet the same people who defend him will bitch about Obama doing something similar, and remember Reagan lied about it first too.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

That is what is in the WSJ article.

Right a old deal gets paid on the same day four hostages get released..holy fuck me sideways.

WTF would we pay them  anyways on that old "deal" wtf...that's not what happened and you know it.

Edited by Capt.Storm

19 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I'm sure you don't think that's it, Obama rules the world and the media overlooks this , even though it was just on my local news, like it or not emotional bad news stories, disasters, death and destruction is what drives viewership not in depth stories that require thought.

If there was any stretch of the imagination that this could be spun positively..............It would be all over the news.

No way is the media going to risk making Obama/ dems  look bad in an election year.

Sad state of affairs .

3 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Right a old deal gets paid on the same day four hostages get released..holy fuck me sideways.

WTF would we pay them  anyways on that old "deal" wtf...that's not what happened and you know it.

It's the way thing are done now just like in the past when we traded arms, the money was theirs, just like the assets we froze and agreed to give back as part of the nuclear deal.

The truth is not giving into terrorist demands is only a slogan and has been for decades. 

Just now, 1jkw said:

It's the way thing are done now just like in the past when we traded arms, the money was theirs, just like the assets we froze and agreed to give back as part of the nuclear deal.

The truth is not giving into terrorist demands is only a slogan and has been for decades. 

BS!

Nice swing and a miss though!

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

BS!

Nice swing and a miss though!

Sorry facts always seem to elude you, the WSJ is hardly a fan of Obama and that's what they reported, I'm sure you know far more than them about the deal even though if they didn't report it you would have never known about it.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Sorry facts always seem to elude you, the WSJ is hardly a fan of Obama and that's what they reported, I'm sure you know far more than them about the deal even though if they didn't report it you would have never known about it.

Oh it will get even better for me latter today when the big 3 have to say something.