Check your account email address ×

Electric cars

XCR1250

15 hours ago, 02sled said:

Post your source with these claims Iceman. I asked you to do that and you still don't. I did mine. Green Car Report 2017 for example is real current.

So Iceman you're wealthy enough to have a separate car just for going back and forth to work plus the insurance on it???

So how many charging stations do you think will be needed at the side of the highway stop to avoid people lining up for hours to recharge when the best charge time is 30 minutes.

Will 5 or 6 charging stations be enough. How long would you be willing to wait when you get there and find all 5 occupied and it will be another 30 minutes until one is free unless there isn't somebody already in front of you waiting. Would you be willing to wait an hour maybe an hour and a half then another 30 minutes for your car to charge. Don't leave and go to the food court or you may miss your turn at the next charging station.

How does the air conditioning affect that range when your stuck in stop and go traffic on a Friday afternoon. You have some pretty rose coloured glasses.

Winter temps are also a big issue that electrics don't do well with.  Not only in reduced range but also for contingency.  We don't head out of town in the winter without a full tank of gas for a reason.