Check your account email address ×

Well that is four years done.

Tomas.

5 hours ago, Tomas. said:

Thank you everyone! 

I remember when I started, I was like 4 years?! It will 2020 when I am done. That's a long ass time lol.

Now I have no idea where the time went. It was a blink.

I know guys who did it in 2.5-2.75 years. They were working 7/12s and had 3-4 classes a semester. I never had more than 3 classes and only for 2 semesters. 

Unfortunately, due to cutbacks and over staffing,  I had to go back to production during my apprenticeship.  I went on the program in June of '03 and had to go back to production in March of '04.   I didn't get back on the program until October of '09.  Then getting classes was the hard part since the college didn't have much going on for apprentices.  I did a lot of classes one on one with my instructors/professors. I had over 10,000 shop hours when I graduated, we were only required 7700.  I couldn't graduate until I had all my classes tho.  It was actually better for me.  I got more out of shop hours than schooling for sure.   It was a long journey, but well worth it. Oh and I didn't lose any of my time. My trades seniority date is still 06/02/03