Check your account email address ×

Ford F-150 Ecoboost

Mainecat

Just now, n2oiroc said:

I can read just fine, that chassis is a modified mazda design and that engine is 90% mazda.

All 4 Ford vehicles I have are 70%,  or more,  North American content for parts, assembly, and engineering.  How about yours? 

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

All 4 Ford vehicles I have are 70%,  or more,  North American content for parts, assembly, and engineering.  How about yours? 

But still jap designed..... :news:

36 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I never said they were built in japan, just that the engine and chassis were designed by mazda.

2 minutes ago, n2oiroc said:

So the ecoboost engines were 100% designed by ford and ford designed the flex chassis from a clean sheet? Is that the route you are taking?

Listen little girl, the designing and engineering was all done in Dearborn. Regardless of what you think you know. 

Don't you have some ink cartridges to change or counters to check at the can plant? 

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Listen little girl, the designing and engineering was all done in Dearborn. Regardless of what you think you know. 

Don't you have some ink cartridges to change or counters to check at the can plant? 

:lol: you are 100% wrong.

:snack:

Design overviewEdit

The Flex is based on the Ford D4 platform, a version of the Volvo-derived Ford D3 platformthat is re-engineered for use in crossover sport-utility vehicles. The chassis shares its underpinnings with the 2005-2007 Ford Freestyle, 2008-2009 Ford Taurus X, and the 2011-present Ford Explorer. While front-wheel drive is standard, all-wheel drive is available as an option. The Flex includes an independent rear suspension system and a traction control system called AdvanceTrac

Decided to take my wifes F150 into town....longest ive driven it since i picked it up at the dealer....i must say it really goes good...in sport mode the excelleration is impressive for a truck.

IMG_20170920_113157471.jpg

• Like 1