Check your account email address ×

Anyone know?

Yes, that's true, I already did the burner jet changes and pilot orifice, BUT 1 of the manuals states-- D: Convert Gas Control Valve

"Follow the stepper motor pressure regulator instruction sheet included with this conversion kit to convert gas valve".  There are lots on instruction sheets and booklets but no 1 specific sheet on how to convert the gas valve.

I've done many furnaces and kitchen stoves through the years but never saw a gas valve like this, normally you remove a "nozzle" and turn it upside down or install an including different 1 depending on the gas valve type, supposedly this 1 has something to simply turn or twist but I don't see anything on the valve to make the change.

10 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Not sure about the one you have but some require a spring change in the pressure regulator as well as  orifice  changes.

Yes, and I have seen those a few times too. The stove place told me that these new gas valves are now a simple twist something from red to blue or the other way around, I can't see anything like that, perhaps I'll need to drive there again to have him show me what he's talking about, I assume they don't want the general public messing with Gas anything so they don't include the instruction sheet(s) on doing the conversion. I do have some HVAC experience from years ago when I worked for a Heating company doing installs and "tuneups".

This unit is brand new, bought it 2 days ago.

Edited by XCR1250

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Can you post a part # for the valve?

Let me look again with a mirror, don't recall seeing any name or numbers on it when I was looking at it last night..it's a Kozy Heat Birchwood 20 free standing propane parlor stove. Hang on I'll look.

Ok, I'd have to remove lots of screws and wires to read the tag which is buried on top of the valve and I can't get a mirror in there to see it, I'll drive in to talk to them this morning. It did come with all the conversion jets,(3) so I assume the Gas valve is convertible, and that is what they told me, said "it's a very simple adjustment".

There's 2 metal tags on the back of the stove held on with a key chain and a slot to store them in, gives all the info on using NG or LP but doesn't explain how to change the gas valve for LP.

I thought perhaps someone here had the same stove and might recall the procedure.

Edited by XCR1250
  • Like 1

Got a copy of the instructions, very easy to convert, on the Hi/Lo knob there's small black cap that simply pulls off, then using an Allen wrench remove the brass screw, rotate screw 180* and reinstall with Red o-ring facing outward visibly, then reinstall black cap, that's it.