Check your account email address ×

Crazy place to visit.

15 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s at the end of a 25 mile, poorly maintained gravel road in northwest New Mexico. Amazing history. Anyone else been there? 

IMG_0628.jpeg

Looks like a hole in the wall.

17 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s at the end of a 25 mile, poorly maintained gravel road in northwest New Mexico. Amazing history. Anyone else been there? 

IMG_0628.jpeg

I like that kind stuff better than tourist traps 

• Like 1

Never been, but NM is freaking cool.  Politics are a mess, but the scenery is epic.  Spent some time camping amongst dormant lava flows there last year.  It's amazing what you can see when vegetation doesn't completely over-grow the geology.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rod said:

I like that kind stuff better than tourist traps 

The Pueblo ruins are pretty cool. 500-1200AD that the area existed. Very little is known about the area, but it could’ve held 4-5000 people. It’s been speculated that it was a trade and spiritual gathering area. Geological records point to a 50 year drought that caused the demise of area. The area is immense. 

IMG_0651.jpeg

IMG_0649.jpeg

IMG_0645.jpeg

IMG_0656.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

Never been, but NM is freaking cool.  Politics are a mess, but the scenery is epic.  Spent some time camping amongst dormant lava flows there last year.  It's amazing what you can see when vegetation doesn't completely over-grow the geology.

It’s like another planet. I found a pretty cool dispersed camp area about 30 miles sound of Bloomfield off of route 550. This was from my campsite. 

IMG_0616.jpeg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The Pueblo ruins are pretty cool. 500-1200AD that the area existed. Very little is known about the area, but it could’ve held 4-5000 people. It’s been speculated that it was a trade and spiritual gathering area. Geological records point to a 50 year drought that caused the demise of area. The area is immense. 

IMG_0651.jpeg

IMG_0649.jpeg

IMG_0645.jpeg

IMG_0656.jpeg

That’s cool stuff