Check your account email address ×

More important legislation here in MN

48 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Just another reason to say fuck Minnesota. California of the Midwest. 

Yeah it's unfortunate that it has gotten to this point but it's easier for some to say F this place than others.

So reading that bill a bit closer, it's "contracted labor" that is affected by this.  I can paint my own house, but I can't hire my neighbor to do it even though he's been painting (as a side job) for 25 years?  They're trying to penalize the folks who make money on a side job to paint houses and decks??

Aren't there more serious issues to deal with in this fucking state?  Stupid MF'ers

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

So reading that bill a bit closer, it's "contracted labor" that is affected by this.  I can paint my own house, but I can't hire my neighbor to do it even though he's been painting (as a side job) for 25 years?  They're trying to penalize the folks who make money on a side job to paint houses and decks??

Aren't there more serious issues to deal with in this fucking state?  Stupid MF'ers

I saw that too but the parts that caught my eye is it would restrict the sale of paint to licensed professionals other than "small quantities ".

2 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I saw that too but the parts that caught my eye is it would restrict the sale of paint to licensed professionals other than "small quantities ".

I saw (and heard that on the radio) but the verbiage references gallon containers and less.  So, although it's still stupid, it's not quite the impact as it sounds.  Maybe I'm misreading it ... wouldn't be the first time I've done that.  

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I saw (and heard that on the radio) but the verbiage references gallon containers and less.  So, although it's still stupid, it's not quite the impact as it sounds.  Maybe I'm misreading it ... wouldn't be the first time I've done that.  

Yeah you're right, although when we added on to our house 3 years ago I purchased some paint in a 5 gallon pail so that wouldn't be allowed I guess. Slippery slope it seems.

• Like 1