Check your account email address ×

Dealer show and 2025 Polaris sleds March 4th

Doug

Monday should be interesting on what Polaris is going to release for 2025.  Hope they some programs like the gold ticket for snowcheck.  

• Like 1

• Doug changed the title to Dealer show and 2025 Polaris sleds March 4th

I'm sure Polaris is going to have some VERY interesting models to choose from, but man I hate to see what the price tags are going to be on the high end stuff.  $20K+ is an awful pill to swallow after a year like this ... and that's not necessarily specific to the Boost models.  Especially painful if having to unload a current sled to get into the '25 model.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I'm sure Polaris is going to have some VERY interesting models to choose from, but man I hate to see what the price tags are going to be on the high end stuff.  $20K+ is an awful pill to swallow after a year like this ... and that's not necessarily specific to the Boost models.  Especially painful if having to unload a current sled to get into the '25 model.

I just trade mine and take the hit, my dealer knows the sled will sell season permitting.  Treats me fair on trade in and he sold old my old sled in January when we had snow around home.

Couple guys I ride with will try to sell theirs outright or their dealer will sell it under consignment.  Out of the 3 only one sold his sled so I'm not sure what is the best route.   

• Like 1

That's one thing I really miss with my previous dealer retiring, going out of business.  I have yet to really find a good replacement as most of the remaining dealers are the high volume types vs. the small one I did business with.  Oh well - not like I'm looking to do anything right now.

Good luck to your buddies and selling privately, if that's the route they're going & congrats to you on continuing to get the new buggy each season.  From what I've heard, you're gonna love what Polaris is offering for 2025.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

That's one thing I really miss with my previous dealer retiring, going out of business.  I have yet to really find a good replacement as most of the remaining dealers are the high volume types vs. the small one I did business with.  Oh well - not like I'm looking to do anything right now.

Good luck to your buddies and selling privately, if that's the route they're going & congrats to you on continuing to get the new buggy each season.  From what I've heard, you're gonna love what Polaris is offering for 2025.

I haven't heard a word.  The guys that I know at Polaris have retired now for a couple years.  Thinking a R9 XCR so we'll see.  If they offer power steering may be buying 2 sleds as my wife I know would want that.

No turbo for me.  Can't justify the price and wouldn't use the top end speed for the type of riding we do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug said:

I haven't heard a word.  The guys that I know at Polaris have retired now for a couple years.  Thinking a R9 XCR so we'll see.  If they offer power steering may be buying 2 sleds as my wife I know would want that.

No turbo for me.  Can't justify the price and wouldn't use the top end speed for the type of riding we do.

I think that R9 XCR (XC9R) is going to be pretty close in price to a Boost (well over $20K).  Unless your dealer has a really good invoice price that he can provide you, Doug.  One question I had for my buddy was, "Do we at least get some decent colors compared to the past year?"  I knew he wouldn't give up any of the real details like engines, shocks, etc.  He said everyone should be very happy with the 2025 graphics packages.  FWIW - I do think we're gonna see some shock upgrades but don't hold me to that.  Call it a hunch in the way my buddy reacted LOL

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

I think that R9 XCR (XC9R) is going to be pretty close in price to a Boost (well over $20K).  Unless your dealer has a really good invoice price that he can provide you, Doug.  One question I had for my buddy was, "Do we at least get some decent colors compared to the past year?"  I knew he wouldn't give up any of the real details like engines, shocks, etc.  He said everyone should be very happy with the 2025 graphics packages.  FWIW - I do think we're gonna see some shock upgrades but don't hold me to that.  Call it a hunch in the way my buddy reacted LOL

If they do have a 9R XCR and it's close to the turbo cost I hope they don't drop the 850 as that's the route I'd go.  After this season it's hard enough to justify a new sled but we'll see.

Ride with some Ski-Doo guys that had the smart shocks 2 years ago.  At first it was a neat deal but by mid year the general consensus was the shock were not worth the cost.  About the time you got the sled dialed in for the trail conditions the trail conditions changed and you had the chase the trail conditions.  At the end of the year they set the shocks up for the best overall ride conditions and didn't change them much.  None of them bought the shock package on their next sleds.

I'm going to be changing all the body panels from the 2024 red white and blue XCR with the Sunset red from the 2023 VR1 and change out the XCR/Polaris decals.  Wife does not like the Red White and Blue panels  

• Like 1