Check your account email address ×

Bipartisan Subsidies

• Gold Member

Child tax credit increase and indexed to inflation for poor and non tax paying parents and more subsidies for businesses at tax payers expense passed by both chambers.  Unfortunate that individuals will have to pay for this via taxation…. Errrrr I meant bipartisan US debt limit increase will pay for this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna134067

retard is strong amongst both parties.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Child tax credit increase and indexed to inflation for poor and non tax paying parents and more subsidies for businesses at tax payers expense passed by both chambers.  Unfortunate that individuals will have to pay for this via taxation…. Errrrr I meant bipartisan US debt limit increase will pay for this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna134067

retard is strong amongst both parties.

Subsidies?  

The business breaks would revive some policies under the Trump tax cuts of 2017 that have since expired. They would allow full expensing for domestic research and development, restore the pre-2017 interest deduction, extend bonus depreciation and expand small-business expensing, the sources said.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Subsidies?  

The business breaks would revive some policies under the Trump tax cuts of 2017 that have since expired. They would allow full expensing for domestic research and development, restore the pre-2017 interest deduction, extend bonus depreciation and expand small-business expensing, the sources said.

It's just the solar salesmans way of showing there are more subsidies then just EV's 

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Subsidies?  

Tax cuts aren’t subsidies now?

24 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Tax cuts aren’t subsidies now?

Not in my book and by many definitions.   Subsidies are generally getting something from govt not keeping what you already earned by changes to the tax code.

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not in my book and by many definitions.   Subsidies are generally getting something from govt not keeping what you already earned by changes to the tax code.

Interesting.  I think many here would disagree with you that those that get to keep more of their own money rather than giving it to the gov via taxation is a subsidy.

I have the same belief as you in the fact that getting to keep more of one’s own money is not a subsidy

7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Interesting.  I think many here would disagree with you that those that get to keep more of their own money rather than giving it to the gov via taxation is a subsidy.

I have the same belief as you in the fact that getting to keep more of one’s own money is not a subsidy

Generally you don't see a change in tax rates or depreciation rules called a subsidy.   Its a tax cut or increase.

Example of subsidy would be farmers getting paid to not plant acres.   

There are tax subsidies which aren't tied to actual income like ethanol blenders tax credit.   Getting paid for production no matter the profit/loss is a subsidy.  

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

One huge difference is that you have to first work and make the money to keep more of it.  You really don't have to work to get a subsidy.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

One huge difference is that you have to first work and make the money to keep more of it.  You really don't have to work to get a subsidy.

To get a non refundable credit or deductions you have to work hard enough and have enough income to get to keep more of your own money.  Many still call getting to keep more of your own money as a subsidy though….

• Gold Member
48 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You don't have to pay taxes to get a subsidy

So if you do/are a net payer in taxes and get to keep more of your own money is that a subsidy?

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So if you do/are a net payer in taxes and get to keep more of your own money is that a subsidy?

Subsidies incentivize behavior. Tax cuts are not subsidies.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Subsidies incentivize behavior. Tax cuts are not subsidies.

So these tax cuts for business won’t incentivize behavior?  None of these items won’t incentivize business behavior?

“The deal includes expensing for research and experimental costs, restoration of an earlier interest deduction, an expansion of small-business expensing and an extension of bonus depreciation, according to a section-by-section summary released by the two tax-writing committees.”

4 hours ago, BOHICA said:

So were all the covid Trump checks he sent out

Yep