Check your account email address ×

Moto X bike info?

16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

wow, I'd put 4 new ones, and probably a fresh new pilot wouldn't be a bad idea.  Only cost a few bucks.  I had an old KLX I was bringing back to life like that, and just couldn't get it to idle or run right.  Cleaned the stock pilot several times, finally put a new one in, problem solved.  Looks like a fun project. :bc: 

Only 2. Must be a lip/notch or something that the one side hooks into then you pull it down. I was surprised to but I've never dealt with Keihin flat side carbs before.

I am going to try the Sea Foam with some fresh gas/oil and see what happens before I get into new jets and pilots. Hopefully I don't regret it? 

9 minutes ago, small-bore said:

I just prised one at the local Yamaha dealer. 500 bucks. That doesn't include a petcock or gas cap. If you need a new tank try eBay and get an aftermarket one for half that price. 

No way I'm buying a new tank! I'll stick with this one for now and either paint it or as was suggested in another post, put a big ass sticker on it. 

1 minute ago, irv said:

Only 2. Must be a lip/notch or something that the one side hooks into then you pull it down. I was surprised to but I've never dealt with Keihin flat side carbs before.

I am going to try the Sea Foam with some fresh gas/oil and see what happens before I get into new jets and pilots. Hopefully I don't regret it? 

No way I'm buying a new tank! I'll stick with this one for now and either paint it or as was suggested in another post, put a big ass sticker on it. 

If you have compressed air, blow the jets out, hold them up to the light and make sure light is shining through all the pilot holes.  You should be good, if it runs funky, pilot is the first thing I'd replace if its not running right.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

If you have compressed air, blow the jets out, hold them up to the light and make sure light is shining through all the pilot holes.  You should be good, if it runs funky, pilot is the first thing I'd replace if its not running right.

Thanks! I do have a compressor so I'll be sure to do that as well. :bc:

21 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Got the carb apart today and was surprised to see the screw I thought was broken was only a guide/dowel pin.

The bowl is mostly held on with the bottom drain plug, and the one screw for good measure I assume?

It was gunky in there but not as bad as I thought it would be. A good bath with some Sea Foam and compressed air cleaned it right up.

Still going to run some Sea Foam through it on fire up and occasionally when I ride just to keep it clean and to get any areas I missed. These Keihin carbs are definitely different. 

IMG_1750.JPG

IMG_1751.JPG

IMG_1752.JPG

• Like 1