Check your account email address ×

Lambeau Field

• Platinum Contributing Member

Cool picture…

1957: Lambeau Field being built in the middle of a corn field. Oneida St and Lombardi Ave were just country roads. 

The stadium was originally known as (New) City Stadium. It was renamed in 1965 in honor of Curly Lambeau, who passed away 2 months before. 

#Packers

IMG_1467.jpeg.6da18a19737923b9a81d261157545fb5.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

I delivered a couple sleds there bout 12 yrs back and was amazed at how small of a city it was to have an NFL team.

Yep, it’s my home town and I say that all the    time, Green Bay is very fortunate to have an NFL team. I’m a Packer season ticket holder and have had many good times in that stadium, great place to tailgate. The population of Green Bay and it’s surrounding suburbs is roughly 150 - 160k.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Yep, it’s my home town and I say that all the    time, Green Bay is very fortunate to have an NFL team. I’m a Packer season ticket holder and have had many good times in that stadium, great place to tailgate. The population of Green Bay and it’s surrounding suburbs is roughly 150 - 160k.

I think it’s great they have a team and they deserve it…obviously the fan support is off the charts.👊🏻🇺🇸

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think it’s great they have a team and they deserve it…obviously the fan support is off the charts.👊🏻🇺🇸

The waiting list to become a season ticket holder still has a duration of 25 - 30 years. Some parents/ grandparents sign their kids up when they’re born. 2 home games ( known as the Gold Package) are still reserved for Milwaukee ticket holders because the Packers used to play some of their games at the old Milwaukee County Stadium back in the 70’s and 80’s. The Brewers certainly haven’t had much success making that stadium famous but the movie Major League certainly did. :lmao:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

Wife and I drove cross country and visited several stadiums, Lambeau was one of them...

We really liked Door county..reminded us alot of rural Pennsylvania.  

Door County is nice but in the summer it gets inundated with FIB’s……..Fucking Illinois Bastards :lmao:

58 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Door County is nice but in the summer it gets inundated with FIB’s……..Fucking Illinois Bastards :lmao:

We were there in October I think...hit a beer festival in Oshkosh visited family in wausau...hit the Dells 

Nice state..

Edited by SkisNH
  • Like 1