Check your account email address ×

Any of you guys have your HAZMAT or HAZWOPER (or related) certs?

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

if you are hauling hot liquid asphalt you may need it depending on state

What is it you haul again? I forgot.

9 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

if you are hauling hot liquid asphalt you may need it depending on state

Massachusetts requires EVERY license , permit or endorsement you can name for every task in life i think.

27 minutes ago, old indy said:

Massachusetts requires EVERY license , permit or endorsement you can name for every task in life i think.

I have it all, Hazmat, tanker, can drive anything but a bus, currently heavy haul tanker, been hauling petroleum products for 25 years

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

heavy haul tanker, hot liquid asphalt (UN3257) to our parent company hot mix plants here in CNY

My company doesn't but there are some companies that haul asphalt by barge. I've heard that stuff is worse than concrete if you have an issue and it hardens in the tanks/lines /That ever happen to you?

Do you guys have to do benzene tests with those little badges?

Edited by Kivalo

Just now, Kivalo said:

My company doesn't but there are some companies that haul asphalt by barge. I've heard that stuff is worse than concrete if you have an issue and it hardens in the tanks. That ever happen to you?

they bring asphalt into Port of Oswego on ships/barges, our storage facility in Lyons used to receive it on barges on the Erie Canal, dock and piping still behind our plant. only if the tank heaters go down it will get cold and solidify, my tank trailer has 6' of insulation and will hold temp, 320* for almost 24 hours before you need to get it out of trailer, no heaters on trailers

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

they bring asphalt into Port of Oswego on ships/barges, our storage facility in Lyons used to receive it on barges on the Erie Canal, dock and piping still behind our plant. only if the tank heaters go down it will get cold and solidify, my tank trailer has 6' of insulation and will hold temp, 320* for almost 24 hours before you need to get it out of trailer, no heaters on trailers

I've sailed with a few tankerman who used to haul asphault on the western rivers. Said it was mess when it warmed in the lines. Too heavy to move so you gotta clean most of it out. Fuck that, I'll stick to running product.

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

I've sailed with a few tankerman who used to haul asphault on the western rivers. Said it was mess when it warmed in the lines. Too heavy to move so you gotta clean most of it out. Fuck that, I'll stick to running product.

I can imagine draining the piping on a ship or barge can suck but as long as it 290* or higher it's  not to bad

This is my rig in Syracuse insulated tank 9600 gallon 

20210716_111201.jpg

• Like 1