Check your account email address ×

Evelyn Farkas

• Platinum Contributing Member

Remember her.   The former Obama administration official who resigned in 2015 who recently outed that they were spying on the Trump team.  Ask yourself how she knew about this?  Any why so often is it a secret she was working for the Clinton Campaign?  

“If they found out how we knew what we knew about the Trump staff, dealing with Russians, they would try to compromise sources and methods [sic].”

Well turns out she just so happened to be up for a position in the Hillary administration and was working as "an advocate" for the Clinton campaign. :lol:  

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/03/attn-media-evelyn-farkas-hillary-campaign-advisor-touted-clinton-admin-appointment/

To: john.podesta@gmail.com
CC: slatham@hillaryclinton.com
Date: 2016-02-21 21:53
Subject: Re: Following up from Tony’s brunch – Ethnic surrogate work for HRC

Sounds great. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 21, 2016, at 6:27 PM, John Podesta <john.podesta@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Evelyn. Good seeing you and we will follow up in the next few days.
>

“On Sunday, February 21, 2016, wrote:
>> John,
>> As I mentioned, as a second-generation (parents came here in ’56) Hungarian-American, I’d love to do surrogate work for HRC with the ethnic Eastern European communities, in addition to the foreign policy work with Jake and Laura.
>>
>> Let me know what I need to do to get it going. As of now I have trips planned to give lectures in the spring in Newport, RI and Seattle and London next week (I did participate in a Munich fundraiser with Melanne V. the week before last and could do something like that again.) I also do a lot of media, mainly right now on Russia and the Middle East — Amanpour probably next Monday, BBC radio tomorrow am.
>>
>> Attached is more info about me than you could ever need! – Evelyn

Cipher Brief, December 10, 2015:

READY FOR HILLARY – The Dead Drop is very reliably informed that optimism in the Hillary Clinton camp is reaching epidemic proportions. Why? Because the Republicans are fixated on this Trump fellow you may have heard about. While general election voting is about 11 months away – some on Team Hillary are well along in dividing up the spoils…and talking about who will get what position post January 20th. Among those we hear in the running for national security positions are Michele Flournoy, an odds-on favorite for Secretary of Defense. Anne-Marie Slaughter, a prime candidate for Secretary of State and Dr. Evelyn Farkas as a potential Under Secretary of Defense for Policy. (Farkas left the Obama administration not long ago reportedly feeling that the current crowd were too soft on Russia, Ukraine etc). To be fair, some boys are under consideration for national security jobs too. Jim Steinberg, Hillary’s former deputy at State, could be a potential Secretary of State or National Security Advisor and Clinton campaign advisor Daniel Kurtz-Phelan could be one of the youngest National Security Advisors ever. Clinton staffers are also busily calling around to retired flag and general officers fishing for endorsements and finding out who would like to be considered a player in staffing positions for POTUS 45.”

One of the few places Farkas disclosed her role advising the Clinton campaign was a New Yorker report datelined March 6, 2017.

In the United States, the issue of what to do about Russia was a growing point of contention between the Pentagon and the White House. Ukraine’s government wanted advanced weaponry to help battle Russian-backed rebels. Evelyn Farkas, the Pentagon’s most senior policy officer for Russia, strongly supported the request; Obama and others on his national-security team turned it down. Instead, the U.S. provided “nonlethal” aid, including vehicles, radar, and body armor. In testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, in 2014, Farkas argued for greater American force, calling Russia’s actions “an affront to the international order that we and our allies have worked to build since the end of the Cold War.”

The Administration believed, with considerable justification, that escalating the conflict would provoke retaliation from Russia, push Putin into a corner, and—since Putin would never let the rebels suffer a battlefield defeat—prove costly for Ukraine. But Farkas disagreed: “We just ignore everything the Russians do in Ukraine because, well, that’s Ukraine and the stakes are so high for Russia there. They wouldn’t risk it in the U.S.” Finally, she gave up trying to convince Obama. “I was so done,” she said. “I was so tired of fighting.” She resigned in October, 2015, and eventually became a foreign-policy adviser to Hillary Clinton, who had sometimes favored the use of military force when Obama did not. “The crazy thing was, when I joined the Clinton campaign, I was, like, Great, I’m not going to have to fight anymore, because she got it on Russia,” Farkas said. “Then it just got worse.”

In October of 2016, Evelyn Farkas, deputy assistant secretary of defense under Barack Obama, said during a global leadership panel that if Donald Trump were to be elected, he would be removed from office "quickly.”

'We have a lot of presidential historians who have put forward very coherent the argument – they have given us examples of all of our horrible presidents in the past and the fact that we have endured. And we do have a strong system of checks and balances. And actually, if Donald Trump were elected I believe he would be impeached pretty quickly or somebody else would have to take over government. And I am not even joking," she at the time after demanding that attendees vote for Hillary Clinton.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinholcomb/2017/04/04/obama-security-official-president-trump-will-be-impeached-or-somebody-else-will-take-overim-not-even-joking-n2308577

• Platinum Contributing Member

“If they found out how we knew what we knew about the Trump staff, dealing with Russians, they would try to compromise sources and methods [sic].”

Pretty fucking clear what was going on and she quit the Obama admin in 2015.   I'd like one of our resident Trump haters to rationally explain this statement considering just when she resigned (2015).  Just one.  Farkas and Rice will plead the fifth quicker than Lois Lerner.   Get their asses in front of the intelligence committee's and make them do it.  

Edited by Highmark