Check your account email address ×

This is a big deal, folks..........

This is a big deal, folks.

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2017/03/14/at-south-by-southwest-seth-moulton-warns-of-nuclear-war-with-russia-makes-fun-of-paul-ryans-workout-routine

Rep. Seth Moulton shared some wide-ranging thoughts Monday at South by Southwest, the annual Austin, Texas, festival and latest stop along the Salem, MA Democrat’s recent meteoric rise.

In a live-taping of Pod Save America — a popular liberal advocacy podcast hosted by former aides to President Barack Obama — Moulton talked about how he got into politics, President Donald Trump’s travel ban, and his relationship with other members of Congress.

The generally light-hearted interview hit its most serious note, however, when Moulton was asked about his most serious foreign policy concern. The former Marine and member of the House Armed Services Committee had a one-word answer: “Russia.”

“In the short term, it’s Russia trying to undermine our democracy; in the medium term, it’s Russia not just trying to undermine our democracy, but other democracies across the world; and in the long term, it’s Russia because we might not even get to the long term because we could literally have a nuclear war with Vladimir Putin,” Moulton said.

Moulton acknowledged that the possibility he raised “was a pretty strong statement,” but explained his fears of a “tactical nuclear war” were underlined by Russia’s willing to escalate international relations, as well as Trump’s “sole decision-making authority over nuclear weapons.”

"As NPR recently reported, Moulton recently asked the Pentagon to confirm reports that Russia was violating the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty by testing land-based cruise missiles. The defense department’s response: Yes. It was the first official confirmation that Russia was violating the treaty."

“This is a big deal, folks,” Moulton said Monday.

“Russia is violating a nuclear weapons treaty, and what has Trump done about it? I mean, he hasn’t even tweeted about it. That’s how out to lunch he is.”

Moulton said the lack of a response could allow Putin to try other aggressive actions, similar to Russia’s annexation of Crimea."

Just now, Snoslinger said:

rest assured, if hillary or obama was having all these connections to russia, russia would be the bad guys again and obama and hillary hung.

So where in this story is there "all these connections to Russia" ?  

this arms treaty thingy? imo it's russia putting on a show, as to draw trump to the bargaining table, which is where the sanctions get lifted. via some new treaty, or deal, that wasn't really needed in the first place. all planned out from the beginning. 

Edited by Snoslinger

what is your opinion of all these trump/russia connections? you're no dummy, so it must be simply not giving a shit. 

IMO he has no more or less of a connection to Russia than any other mainstream politician of the last 40 years.  Sure people in his cabinet talked to Russians, that happens every day on both sides of the aisle.  Sure people he knows talk to Russians, that happens every day.  Shit I talk to Russians almost every single day.  

Did the Russians try to weaken Hillary Clinton prior to the election.  I would say yes they did or at least applauded when it happened.  They wanted a weakened POTUS and they may have assisted in disseminating information (the truth) that helped weaken Hillary.  

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

IMO he has no more or less of a connection to Russia than any other mainstream politician of the last 40 years.  Sure people in his cabinet talked to Russians, that happens every day on both sides of the aisle.  Sure people he knows talk to Russians, that happens every day.  Shit I talk to Russians almost every single day.  

Did the Russians try to weaken Hillary Clinton prior to the election.  I would say yes they did or at least applauded when it happened.  They wanted a weakened POTUS and they may have assisted in disseminating information (the truth) that helped weaken Hillary.  

so in summary, you're ok with russia meddling in our election because your guy won, and you have your head in the sand on the other russian connections...

so in summary, you're ok with russia meddling in our election because your guy won, and you have your head in the sand on the other russian connections...

In summary, we do the same shit all over the globe.  I would be a hypocrite if I felt is was OK for us to do it and not OK for Russia to do it.  

how do you think tillerson, flynn, ross, etc got into the admin? 

They are smart and good at what they do. It's about surrounding yourself with the best and brightest, not picking your cabinet based on what hangs between their legs or what their skin color is.  

If you had ever seen a good leader even once in your life you would know how to build a successful team.  

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

In summary, we do the same shit all over the globe.  I would be a hypocrite if I felt is was OK for us to do it and not OK for Russia to do it.  

and just like in other counties, some of the population there feels good about america's meddling. 

and i'm called a hack :lol:

if you and others hadn't gotten so uptight over bogus hillary "connections" i'd be more inclined to believe your attitude now. 

They are smart and good at what they do. It's about surrounding yourself with the best and brightest, not picking your cabinet based on what hangs between their legs or what their skin color is.  

If you had ever seen a good leader even once in your life you would know how to build a successful team.  

there is a whole host of better qualified people for those picks. so they all just happen to align with russia and you think it's coincidence?

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Like we haven't tried to weaken Putin for the last couple of decades.  We do the exact same thing to him as he is doing to us.  

putin has admirers all globe. most republicans are thankful for his meddling. 

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

and i'm called a hack :lol:

if you and others hadn't gotten so uptight over bogus hillary "connections" i'd be more inclined to believe your attitude now. 

You're a hack because you see nothing but what the left wants you to see.  You believe everything that someone like Rachel Maddow tells you.  That is the definition of a hack.

You can't find even one post where I was uptight about Hillarys connections.  She is a piece of shit. Your biggest problem is you will never admit that.