Check your account email address ×

US sprinter Sha'Carri Richardson to miss 100-meter Olympic race over marijuana test

• Platinum Contributing Member

What a fuckin joke.   Jesus pot users should get a head start.  :lol:  I mean the excuse of use because of the death of her mother is weak but pot shouldn't be on the banned substance list.   This shit should never become public knowledge even.   

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/shacarri-richardson-miss-100-meter-olympic-race-marijuana-test

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Did you see her interview on the Today Show?   I don't know it was hard for me to understand any of what she was trying to say. 

I didn't.   I mean the rules are rules and she should have known better however I don't see how or why pot is tested for by a anti-doping agency. 

Yes, antiquated rule, certainly not performance enhancing.  I’m sure she felt she had to use some heartstring reason for why she used pot but she didn’t need to.  Feel bad for her.

37 minutes ago, F3600 said:

Yes, antiquated rule, certainly not performance enhancing.  I’m sure she felt she had to use some heartstring reason for why she used pot but she didn’t need to.  Feel bad for her.

I agree, probably no need to test for it.  But you nailed it on the head about why she used it.  Apparently her biological mother passed away and she found out when a reporter asked her a question about it.  She said that she knew it was against the rules but had some anyway to calm her nerves.  The today host paraphrased that for her, because I did not understand what Ms Richardson was trying to say.