Check your account email address ×

O talk of the big one heading to da UP

On 2/4/2021 at 1:47 PM, f7ben said:

Splash ride this weekend. It’s gonna be a bit chilly Saturday. It’s just about 400 miles round trip. Have to get a gas tanker to meet us halfway Friday as there isn’t any gas for 160 miles of desolation.

20B87069-E32B-4CDE-BBC8-4497D11C0A11.jpeg

That is bad ass! 

I don't think of you as such a noodle arm pansy now tbh...

On 2/4/2021 at 2:03 PM, Ez ryder said:

They stayed in toy haulers in wolf creek . Bad thing there is camping allowed forest service lot is a 15 mi trail ride but tge non camping lot is right where you want to be .

I have never been down that far and glad I did not go on this trip .

If flying in to Denver stay in kremmling and trailer uo every am prob 20 min to the peek . They have been getting hit pretty good and it dose not set up like a rock line the snowies after 2 days of non stop wind . 

No issues w the toy haulers freezing up at all??

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

No issues w the toy haulers freezing up at all??

Only issue we have had over the yrs was in alpine it was getting like -20 at night . So cold air temp in trailer was 70 fut 1/8 of frost on evert screw head . Well the regulator for propane  tank froze up so I had to re plumb swapping lines to in side the trailer at 3am lol .that and getting snowed in the lots . Even chains don't get you out.  Some place  I have pics from few yrs back with like 5 sleds hooked to trucks/trailers pulling them out . 

But no all built for it spray foam floors and walls now when built or ordered they get gas and electric heat as back up . Running h20 so forest serves lot outhouse with the frozen turd sky scraper becomes the morning reality lol .

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Only issue we have had over the yrs was in alpine it was getting like -20 at night . So cold air temp in trailer was 70 fut 1/8 of frost on evert screw head . Well the regulator for propane  tank froze up so I had to re plumb swapping lines to in side the trailer at 3am lol .that and getting snowed in the lots . Even chains don't get you out.  Some place  I have pics from few yrs back with like 5 sleds hooked to trucks/trailers pulling them out . 

But no all built for it spray foam floors and walls now when built or ordered they get gas and electric heat as back up . Running h20 so forest serves lot outhouse with the frozen turd sky scraper becomes the morning reality lol .

So not using water or shitter tanks :dunno:

10 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

So not using water or shitter tanks :dunno:

Nop prob could use water but none of them have heads any way . Mire built as sled hauler campers than campers .2 have Logan coach 1  has rpm and 2 are home built . The 2 home built are imho better units . I am prob bias seeing as I did most of the design and sort of acting Forman but the big thing I am not a fan of is the high end self toyhaulers can't be found in alloy.  Fucking crazy imho to pay that kind of cash  north of 55k for a winter toy and you can't it get it in alloy then you still have to pay to get floor spray foamed . One of my buds sold one we built  this spring and bought a rpm and now regrets it a bit likes the  rpm but not any more than he liked the one we built and he has been having a lot of issues the trailer like 3 power inveter/charger units to get one that worked correct and the furnace had to be pulled out 2 times . Good thing he was using it for fall atv camping before brining west . Still gay as a bag of dicks to have to bring a expensive unit back for service 5 fucking times in 2 mo oh and the top row of outlets were dead on delivery lol real quality for north of 50k 

20 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Nop prob could use water but none of them have heads any way . Mire built as sled hauler campers than campers .2 have Logan coach 1  has rpm and 2 are home built . The 2 home built are imho better units . I am prob bias seeing as I did most of the design and sort of acting Forman but the big thing I am not a fan of is the high end self toyhaulers can't be found in alloy.  Fucking crazy imho to pay that kind of cash  north of 55k for a winter toy and you can't it get it in alloy then you still have to pay to get floor spray foamed . One of my buds sold one we built  this spring and bought a rpm and now regrets it a bit likes the  rpm but not any more than he liked the one we built and he has been having a lot of issues the trailer like 3 power inveter/charger units to get one that worked correct and the furnace had to be pulled out 2 times . Good thing he was using it for fall atv camping before brining west . Still gay as a bag of dicks to have to bring a expensive unit back for service 5 fucking times in 2 mo oh and the top row of outlets were dead on delivery lol real quality for north of 50k 

Pretty bad ass what you guys do ...!!

30 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Pretty bad ass what you guys 

All diff but mostly  contractors with decent amount of crews so you know the deal you need the deductions trailers are ez to prove you need them and more or less winters off to use em 

• Like 1