Check your account email address ×

Funny shit.

A buddy of mine that lives in a small town of 600 people in Northern Ontario is as hillbilly as it gets. He will eat anything. One time fishing he netted a floating white fish, I thought just for the lure in its mouth, but no, in the live well it went and he ate it later that day. So, he has now taken to collecting road kill. Latest was a buck. He butchered it up, cutting away the bad parts and put it in his freezer. Last week he is talking to girl he knows, a vegan. She has lime disease. Some quack natural path she has been seeing tells her to cure lime disease she has to eat meat, but only wild game or wild caught fresh water fish. So buddy sells her the road kill and some fish he has frozen. A vegan eating road kill deer, now that is funny.

• Platinum Contributing Member

That is funny.

My oldest hit 3 deer at once a few years back.   Killed 2 and 1 ran off.   I went picked them up immediately and pulled the back straps off and grilled them that night.   Delicious.  :lmao:

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That is funny.

My oldest hit 3 deer at once a few years back.   Killed 2 and 1 ran off.   I went picked them up immediately and pulled the back straps off and grilled them that night.   Delicious.  :lmao:

Iowa let you collect road kill big game on the spot like that? Pretty sure that would be illegal here without getting GFP permission. Even just taking antlers would be illegal. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, SSFB said:

Iowa let you collect road kill big game on the spot like that? Pretty sure that would be illegal here without getting GFP permission. Even just taking antlers would be illegal. 

No....I called and they came.   Wasn't happy that I moved them to my shop and looked them over real good to see if there were any gunshot wounds.   I was like dude you think I would call you if I shot them?   I was in the wrong and eventually he was cool about it.

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

Oregon just made it legal in the last year.  The person who hits it gets first dibs.  After that it's FCFS.  You are supposed to call/go online to report within 24 hours.  A buck or bull requires turning in the head to Fish & Game