Check your account email address ×

Best Cell with memory card capablity

• Gold Member

Time for a new company cell phone. They will pay $250 for the phone.

Last 2 were Samsung galaxy 9s, both lost ability to charge with the charging cord, use the headphone, and read my music on the 128 gig micro sd.

Not interested in apple anything.

Thanks

I have been using google pixels after years of Samsungs.   I would charge as much as possible with a wireless charger as charging ports always an issue with any brand although usb C certainly made it better.  Not having SD card slots kind of sucks although I have 10k songs onboard so it's not a huge deal for me.  I offload all pics and videos to the cloud.  

I am in the same boat.  The memory card is a big deal to me and I dislike the Galaxy curved screen.  I have a LQ G7 thinq now and I’d consider going to the G8 thinq next.  Only thing I don’t love is the antenna capability in weak signal areas.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

I have been using google pixels after years of Samsungs.   I would charge as much as possible with a wireless charger as charging ports always an issue with any brand although usb C certainly made it better.  Not having SD card slots kind of sucks although I have 10k songs onboard so it's not a huge deal for me.  I offload all pics and videos to the cloud.  

I haven't tried the cloud but I friends who have and like it.

Thanks for the info.

• Gold Member
34 minutes ago, F3600 said:

I am in the same boat.  The memory card is a big deal to me and I dislike the Galaxy curved screen.  I have a LQ G7 thinq now and I’d consider going to the G8 thinq next.  Only thing I don’t love is the antenna capability in weak signal areas.

My s9 worked great for about 18 months, then issue after issue.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, joesale said:

That's wheat the direct replacement is. 

My s8 was pretty good product all the way around.  I've had pretty good luck with Samsung phones especially compared to my son's Apple products in my area.   Reception is shit on them. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

I love my Pixel 4, but no slot for extra memory  :(

I gotta have the sd slot. I fly all over the planet and I watch movies and listen to music. I also have the Samsung tablet loaded because some of my flights last longer than the battery on my devices.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My s8 was pretty good product all the way around.  I've had pretty good luck with Samsung phones especially compared to my son's Apple products in my area.   Reception is shit on them. 

Had one before the S9. That one just the headphones stopped working but at least the Bluetooth could play the stored music.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, joesale said:

Had one before the S9. That one just the headphones stopped working but at least the Bluetooth could play the stored music.

My one complaint on my S8 was poor Bluetooth connectivity to my laptops.   Could have been the laptops issue as well because it worked well with everything else I connected to. 

Smartphones should last longer than 2 years but with as much as I use mine I'm comfortable replacing them every 24-36 months.   Think of a product we use more?