Check your account email address ×

F1 on Netflix

11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Those fucking kids can drive. Definitely the cream of the motor sports world. 

The camera work in F1 is second to none. I'm part way through season 1. Very interesting perspective as F1 teams aren't usually very accessible to the media.

BTW...I *think*  it was Nascar's Jimmy Johnson that ran an F1 car. Within a few laps he was posting times pretty damn close to the times that the regular driver of the car. I *think* it may have been Alonso :dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member

Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon have done the same,.. Stewart and Hamilton did it at Watkins Glen..they did a car swap when they were both driving for Mobil 1..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon have done the same,.. Stewart and Hamilton did it at Watkins Glen..they did a car swap when they were both driving for Mobil 1..

We know Smoke could car drive the wheels off anything he sat in :thumb:   It will be interesting to see how he does at the road course at Indy in the Xfinity car. I don't think he has raced a stock car since he retired from Cup.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

The camera work in F1 is second to none. I'm part way through season 1. Very interesting perspective as F1 teams aren't usually very accessible to the media.

BTW...I *think*  it was Nascar's Jimmy Johnson that ran an F1 car. Within a few laps he was posting times pretty damn close to the times that the regular driver of the car. I *think* it may have been Alonso :dunno:

Running fast laps is one thing. Being consistent race after race while driving on the edge in any discipline is what creates a real winner. Gordon did pretty well when he and Montoya swapped rides a few years ago. I think any of these top drivers could be winners in probably any form of auto racing. The difference with F1 is that the champions are on point all the time. If Gordon were have moved from midgets through F2 into F1 he could’ve been a champion. But I don’t think he’d stand a chance switching midway through his career. 

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Unfortunately the F1 champion is usually decided by manufactur.  There are usually 1 or 2 teams that even have a chance at the championship every year. 

That’s very true. I don’t think that there’s any Motorsport that’s so reliant on emerging technology as F1. It’s showcases the pinnacle of technological achievement On 4 wheels. Just look at the technology we enjoy in passenger cars that originated in F1. The mfg that has the money and technology will also buy the best driver. Since Mercedes has got back into racing they’ve done exceptional. 

• Like 1