Check your account email address ×

Texas man invents machine that extracts water from air So when does he get suicided???

jtssrx

Keep the filter clean, and clean the insides out regularly and you should be good. I doubt they are starting on fire from over current.

Nothing that plugs into the wall is going to help. Ground fault plugs like the one AFJ showed are designed to keep people from being electrocuted.

8 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Keep the filter clean, and clean the insides out regularly and you should be good. I doubt they are starting on fire from over current.

Nothing that plugs into the wall is going to help. Ground fault plugs like the one AFJ showed are designed to keep people from being electrocuted.

Thanks..I knew about GFI's.

On 1/16/2020 at 5:29 PM, Woodtick said:

That’s smart. Do you have a boiler reset programed in?  

Im not sure what a boiler reset is. So no, I dont have one programmed in. 

I have smart tstats that allow me to program in alerts and alarms to notify me if something is amiss with the boiler. I also have remote temp sensors in the very coldest part of the house that will alert me if they go below the alarm setpoint. 

In addition to that I have cameras in my boiler room where I can look at the pressure and temperature and mimmic panel of the PLC in real time. This allows me to trouble shoot the problem remotely so I can tell my mechanical contractor what might be wrong and how much time he has before he needs to show up. 

My boiler is 21 years old. I installed it myself so Im quite familiar with it. It works very good and has had very few issues over that time.  Unfortunately its not a smart boiler and not wifi enabled. 

13 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Im not sure what a boiler reset is. So no, I dont have one programmed in. 

I have smart tstats that allow me to program in alerts and alarms to notify me if something is amiss with the boiler. I also have remote temp sensors in the very coldest part of the house that will alert me if they go below the alarm setpoint. 

In addition to that I have cameras in my boiler room where I can look at the pressure and temperature and mimmic panel of the PLC in real time. This allows me to trouble shoot the problem remotely so I can tell my mechanical contractor what might be wrong and how much time he has before he needs to show up. 

My boiler is 21 years old. I installed it myself so Im quite familiar with it. It works very good and has had very few issues over that time.  Unfortunately its not a smart boiler and not wifi enabled. 

A boiler reset schedule works off of the out side air temperature. Your loop temperature resets on out side air temps. For easy math: 30 deg outside air temp,your loop maintains 145deg. 0 deg outside air temperature your loop is 180deg.  there is big fuel savings running a boiler this way. The temperature of the loop would vary depending on in floor heat, base board, and hot water coils. Would have to know what’s on the loop?