Check your account email address ×

Marine Corps vet who served in Iraq deported to El Salvador

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

If they couldn’t try to put this on a Trump’s admin, it wouldn’t even cross their “daily orders” board.

BINGO! 

16 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Had his entire life to become a citizen, did not bother. Then committed multiple felonies, spent eight years in prison, and finally got the boot. The law is the law, and there is no law saying that if you serve you get to be a criminal and not suffer the consequences of that.

Exactly.   I served with many guys who weren't born in the US. Some got their citizenship before they enlisted, some during.  

This guy broke MULTIPLE laws and like Z said, if they weren't just trying to use this against Trump, this would have never been news. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

17 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Had his entire life to become a citizen, did not bother. Then committed multiple felonies, spent eight years in prison, and finally got the boot. The law is the law, and there is no law saying that if you serve you get to be a criminal and not suffer the consequences of that.

Generally the stipulation in using the military to help gain citizenship is you have to prove an exceptional value. A friend of mine did this to gain full citizenship as he was Austrian. He told me he had to meet certain criteria over a period of time. 

Safe to say committing felonies doesn’t help here. That’s why all information is needed before passing judgement on stuff like this. 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Just some food for thought:

So the guy does two tours and gets discharged in 2004 a year after he has a brain injury, then comes home to a life of alcohol and crime, gets an 8 year prison sentance, and then gets diagnosed with PTSD in 2011. Obviously the man has some issues that were caused by his service to the US, there has to be something besides a deportation to country the guy left when he was a toddler.

BS.....PTSD is not an excuse for committing felonies against loved ones.   Felons green cards are and should be revoked.  

Personally I think its insane non citizens can serve in any military capacity.   Its not fair to them.

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

• USA Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Just some food for thought:

So the guy does two tours and gets discharged in 2004 a year after he has a brain injury, then comes home to a life of alcohol and crime, gets an 8 year prison sentance, and then gets diagnosed with PTSD in 2011. Obviously the man has some issues that were caused by his service to the US, there has to be something besides a deportation to country the guy left when he was a toddler.

Yes, you can argue this and I agree to a point.  The other fact here is that cutting the story to fit your agenda shows again what an asshole maincat really is. 

• Like 1