Check your account email address ×

Okay Ben is going to love this

jtssrx

Just now, Zambroski said:

Wut?

You know, when I had my XRS, I sorta worried that people thought I bought it because the rags said it was "#1" year after year.  Ewwww.....

But then I realized the real worry should be getting felt up by other doo dudes at rest stops.  :lol: 

Which XRS did you have?  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Ok but which sled.  The 600 RS or a consumer XRS.  You keep saying XRS.  Those are consumer sleds offered with the 600 and 800 etec motors. 

Is this Cat your first race sled or did you have an 600 RS back in 2012?  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Ok but which sled.  The 600 RS or a consumer XRS.  You keep saying XRS.  Those are consumer sleds offered with the 600 and 800 etec motors. 

Is this Cat your first race sled or did you have an 600 RS back in 2012?  

Well, it was an XRS so, that meant it was an XRS.  The RS is their race sled.  ALL XRS's are consumer models.  MXZ-RS (Race sled) vs. MXZX-XRS (consumer poser sled). I had the 800etec.

No, I had an RR after the XRS, then went to the SX.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, it was an XRS so, that meant it was an XRS.  The RS is their race sled.  ALL XRS's are consumer models.  MXZ-RS (Race sled) vs. MXZX-XRS (consumer poser sled). I had the 800etec.

No, I had an RR after the XRS, then went to the SX.

Got ya.  :bc: 

Hey, I heard some XC guys are running the new XRS.  Does that even sound right?  You heard anything?

Well yes of course they are.  They take the RS bracing and add it to the XRS chassis.  It's way easier to convert an XRS into an XC sled than it is an RS.  

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well yes of course they are.  They take the RS bracing and add it to the XRS chassis.  It's way easier to convert an XRS into an XC sled than it is an RS.  

Ha!  Just heard the same exact thing!  Coolant crossover issues with the RS for a tank too.  Not to mention all the other shit.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ha!  Just heard the same exact thing!  Coolant crossover issues with the RS for a tank too.  Not to mention all the other shit.

Almost no one uses an IQr or AxysR in XC any more either.  The consumer Indys and Pro Rides are way better for normal XC racing.  

15 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Almost no one uses an IQr or AxysR in XC any more either.  The consumer Indys and Pro Rides are way better for normal XC racing.  

I assume they are using the race gears and clutches though....along with the extra bracing.  I know Cat use BW gearing and I think Doo does too?  Not sure about Poo.

Pretty sure they all load up with Team secondaries.

I assume they are using the race gears and clutches though....along with the extra bracing.  I know Cat use BW gearing and I think Doo does too?  Not sure about Poo.

Pretty sure they all load up with Team secondaries.

Most of those things are standard on the consumer Poo's.  

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

interesting, so you could technically get a 2020 RS and run iron dog race and it would meet the requirements as long as its 600cc ?  only issue I could see for running RS is pre mix with 100LL setup might be little hard to do during ID race.