Check your account email address ×

Old family movies

Found 3 reels of 8mm film in my parents house, taken from my grandmother's when she died. Finally got around to having them digitized (Legacy Box). Lots of cool family stuff but some of his clips from Viet Nam.

65951818_10157374638109120_6552045010311

66513596_10157374638149120_5344868134497

65957973_10157374638184120_4452628196747

• Like 2

Father in law was stationed on Tinian. He was the officer in charge of loading the bomb damage assessment cameras in the  B-29. The freaking a bombs were in pits 50 yards from his bunk and he didn’t know it. He had tons of photos of the Enola Gay and Boxcar. He swore that he took a photo of the two together. That would’ve been the holy grail as none reportedly exist of the two together. I dug through all the negatives and couldn’t find it. Old finds like that are cool. 

31 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Father in law was stationed on Tinian. He was the officer in charge of loading the bomb damage assessment cameras in the  B-29. The freaking a bombs were in pits 50 yards from his bunk and he didn’t know it. He had tons of photos of the Enola Gay and Boxcar. He swore that he took a photo of the two together. That would’ve been the holy grail as none reportedly exist of the two together. I dug through all the negatives and couldn’t find it. Old finds like that are cool. 

Bockscar-  i still haven't been to the smithsonian since they put the enola gay there but went to the USAF museum a few weeks ago when i was in ohio with my daughter   

bockscar.jpg

bockscar2.jpg

• Like 2