Check your account email address ×

Official **Car Stereo Thread**

" Let the 15 years olds show you the way, " #50

What way?

It's working PERFECTLY!

I'll be delighted to get help if I need it. But I don't. I put 70 miles on my new car today, and listened to Brahms, & some vintage rock.

I didn't upgrade sooner, because the equipment I buy is quality; Nakamichi, Yamaha, Marantz, etc., & I take good care of it.

I stepped up to USB because that's what the new car has; there's no CD player in it.

" you have become a dinosaur. "

Dr. dinosaur to you sir.

5 minutes ago, sear said:

What way?

It's working PERFECTLY!

I'll be delighted to get help if I need it. But I don't. I put 70 miles on my new car today, and listened to Brahms, & some vintage rock.

I didn't upgrade sooner, because the equipment I buy is quality; Nakamichi, Yamaha, Marantz, etc., & I take good care of it.

I stepped up to USB because that's what the new car has; there's no CD player in it.

Dr. dinosaur to you sir.

Bluetooth does not work for you?  

USB wow.

I thought bluetooth was radio waves.

USB is hard wired.

I'm former U.S. federal security. I reflexively prefer more secure modes of communication.

If there's an advantage intrinsic to bluetooth that trumps USB / thumbdrive, it's news to me. Can you think of one?

I like it so much, I went out and bought a Kenwood car stereo w/ USB that will run off my UPS. The commercial power fails, but the music stays on. Sweet!

1 minute ago, sear said:

I thought bluetooth was radio waves.

USB is hard wired.

I'm former U.S. federal security. I reflexively prefer more secure modes of communication.

If there's an advantage intrinsic to bluetooth that trumps USB / thumbdrive, it's news to me. Can you think of one?

I like it so much, I went out and bought a Kenwood car stereo w/ USB that will run off my UPS. The commercial power fails, but the music stays on. Sweet!

Just use the fuckin jack the same way you would bluetooth then you dope.

41 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Bluetooth is handy but it is a far poorer sound quality wise than cable connection ...although most mp3 quality recordings are piss poor to start with

We use the aux jack as well.  I don't know what Spotify uses for their format but it's fine for me. Use it on the SxS, Jetskis, sled and cars.

Right. My CD player had an 8 times over-sampling protocol, so the sound wasn't that bad.

When I "rip" CD's to my thumb-drive, Win7 offers various fidelity options. Mine is permanently set on maximum fidelity.

My Honda isn't Tanglewood. But it's substantially better than nothing.

I don't know if I have the hardware to move my analog cassette recordings to the thumb-drive. But it would be nice to have about 20 hours of NPR Car Talk, etc. digitized.

Just now, sear said:

Right. My CD player had an 8 times over-sampling protocol, so the sound wasn't that bad.

When I "rip" CD's to my thumb-drive, Win7 offers various fidelity options. Mine is permanently set on maximum fidelity.

My Honda isn't Tanglewood. But it's substantially better than nothing.

I don't know if I have the hardware to move my analog cassette recordings to the thumb-drive. But it would be nice to have about 20 hours of NPR Car Talk, etc. digitized.

Just get iheart radio , there is probably a car talk channel :lol:

In both my ram and kia. ..Kenwood high output decks. Under dash Rockford fosgate 80 watt amps.  200 watt Rockford fosgate sub amp with a single Rockford fosgate 12"sub. Car has pioneer 5 1/4" 2 ways, truck ,pioneer 6x9s ,3 ways . I'm fuckin deaf now 

27 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

In both my ram and kia. ..Kenwood high output decks. Under dash Rockford fosgate 80 watt amps.  200 watt Rockford fosgate sub amp with a single Rockford fosgate 12"sub. Car has pioneer 5 1/4" 2 ways, truck ,pioneer 6x9s ,3 ways . I'm fuckin deaf now 

:lol: