Check your account email address ×

Thank You Scott Walker

XCR1250

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Not a single line item went down on my property taxes. New school referendum and MATC Columbia County accounted for the biggest increases, but there wasn’t anything else that was dropping. House value remained constant from last year. So... Just because some low value areas went down does not mean all areas are going down. 

Shhhh....you are raining on Don’s parade.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Shhhh....you are raining on Don’s parade.

Not really, I realize some folks taxes may have remained the same or went up.. I have quite a few friends in SE Wisconsin, where I'm originally from, all I have spoken to have had a bit lower taxes each year since Walker, one friend on Big Muskego lake owns over 1000 feet of lake frontage and 120 acres of Farmland, he told me yesterday his went down over $800 on his Lake property since last year, his Farm Land is taxed lower anyhow,, but I'm sure some folks went up..all in all Walker did a great job.

27 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Not a single line item went down on my property taxes. New school referendum and MATC Columbia County accounted for the biggest increases, but there wasn’t anything else that was dropping. House value remained constant from last year. So... Just because some low value areas went down does not mean all areas are going down. 

Walker put it all in the hands of the local elected officials, and made them responsible.   If your taxes went up, it was directly because of a referendum for a local school or college.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Walker put it all in the hands of the local elected officials, and made them responsible.   If your taxes went up, it was directly because of a referendum for a local school or college.

Did you read what I wrote? Yes those went up, but so did the other line items... If it were just those items went up and the others went down, your argument would be valid. Pay attention. 

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Did you read what I wrote? Yes those went up, but so did the other line items... If it were just those items went up and the others went down, your argument would be valid. Pay attention. 

Valid?  My property taxes are back to what they were in 2010 and my property value is higher than it was then.  So, I can say that they have effectively stayed flat.....that is the validation.

Edited by racer254