Check your account email address ×

Trump didn't know the GOP tax bill incentivizes business to offshore jobs

Yeah who needs experience.....

Trump didn't know the GOP tax bill incentivizes business to offshore jobs

Source: Talking Points Memo

"The president is not one to take responsibility for his own issues." 

REBEKAH ENTRALGO 
NOV 29, 2018, 10:47 AM 

President Donald Trump was apparently unaware that a provision in his biggest legislative accomplishment encourages corporations to offshore jobs. 

Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) spoke with Trump Wednesday night about the closure of at least five General Motors plants, including one assembly plant in Lordstown, Ohio, and filled him in on how the GOP tax bill is partly to blame. 

“I reached him last night, he said he wanted to help, I said the first thing you could do is you could take away that tax provision in his tax bill that gives a company a 50 percent off coupon on their taxes,” Brown told CNN’s New Day Thursday. “If you’re producing in Lordstown you pay a 21 percent tax rate, if you move to Mexico you pay a 10.5 percent tax rate, and I told the president to get rid of that tax break that encourages jobs to move overseas.” 

The president apparently did not know that was in the tax bill. 

Read more: https://thinkprogress.org/trump-didnt-know-gop-tax-bill-incentivizes-business-to-offshore-jobs-367fe5bea9dd/ 

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Who put that provision in the tax bill?  That should be the question.

Trump was warned about it. But his “gut” told him otherwise.

The CBO warned him.

It’s difficult to believe that Trump didn’t know a significant result of the GOP tax bill would be a worsening of offshore tax dodging — especially when his own Congressional Budget Office (CBO) said it would. A report in April suggested corporations may be incentivized under the legislation to offshore “tangible assets” like factories and offices, and yes, jobs.

Edited by Mainecat

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Trump was warned about it. But his “gut” told him otherwise.

The CBO warned him.

It’s difficult to believe that Trump didn’t know a significant result of the GOP tax bill would be a worsening of offshore tax dodging — especially when his own Congressional Budget Office (CBO) said it would. A report in April suggested corporations may be incentivized under the legislation to offshore “tangible assets” like factories and offices, and yes, jobs.

Who put it in the BILL???  Trump did not put it in and can only sign it.  I want to know what dick head of the pick of politicians wanted it in there.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Who put it in the BILL???  Trump did not put it in and can only sign it.  I want to know what dick head of the pick of politicians wanted it in there.

My point of having experience. I can’t beleive  he’s that stupid.

Edited by Mainecat

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

My point of having experience. I can’t beleive  he’s that stupid.

So if trump surrounds himself with guys that have "experience", the trump haters like you say he isn't "draining the swamp".   He can't win with guys like you so, why bother?

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

are you incapble of doing some research? you used google to answer an elementary tax equation problem a 5 year old could have figured out. so why not this? 

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

So if trump surrounds himself with guys that have "experience", the trump haters like you say he isn't "draining the swamp".   He can't win with guys like you so, why bother?

so experience always means swamp creatures? 

20 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

are you incapble of doing some research? you used google to answer an elementary tax equation problem a 5 year old could have figured out. so why not this? 

I am not the OP who keeps trying to blame trump for things that are out of his control.  Get it?  Why don't you just STFU and look it up for him?  We all know that he doesn't really care to look it up, he just wants to bash and be a good little minion, just like you.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

I am not the OP who keeps trying to blame trump for things that are out of his control.  Get it?  Why don't you just STFU and look it up for him?  We all know that he doesn't really care to look it up, he just wants to bash and be a good little minion, just like you.

hey dumb fuck, it was the GOP tax bill. that should give you a hint about something. why would i want to do your work, when youre the one asking the question?