Check your account email address ×

Face to face

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’ll stick with jj. I’d rather have the skills to choke a guy out, dislocate his shoulder, or snap his elbow than to be trained in something to pin his shoulder. :) 

Id rather bash your face in with a knee or an elbow or take out a knee with my foot.

To each his own i guess.

:lol2:

15 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

My original reasoning is simple. If you place a skilled BJJ opponent against any other type of fighter, boxing, wrestling, muey thai, etc...BJJ will prevail. BJJ is basically a fighting technique that was designed to cripple, permanently incapacitate, or kill the opponent. In effect it’s designed to submit the opponent through pain, unconscious, or death. 

Remind us what happened when weidman fought Anderson Silva. 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

They learned how to defend against it by learning the craft themselves. Lol. 

Wow that fight just now ended with some great bjj.....

NOT!!!!!

:lol:

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Wow that fight just now ended with some great bjj.....

NOT!!!!!

:lol:

BJJ is barely required in the octagon these days. Sure, its nice to be skilled in all aspects of the fight game but if you cNt box and wrestle then you are gonna lose. 

Weidman got his black belt through Renzo. He’s a really bright kid. High intelligence. That translates into a highly effective bjj practitioner. 

He KO’d silva with punches. BJJ was irrelevent. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

BJJ is barely required in the octagon these days. Sure, its nice to be skilled in all aspects of the fight game but if you cNt box and wrestle then you are gonna lose. 

Its boring as fuck too...I use to fall asleep watching a Maia fight.

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

He KO’d silva with punches. BJJ was irrelevent. 

Poor comparison. Silva was way past his prime. He was 10 years older than Chris and had almost 3 or 4 times as many fights. A much better example is what happened when Gracie stepped in to the ring and destroyed everyone. Just like that all the fighters ran to the exits for BJJ training. Gracie training camps exploded with attendees overnight. No one had a defense for that style of fighting. I will say that wrestling does allow the fighter to control the fight in more circumstances than BJJ. For the finish on the ground, it’s bjj. 

Poor comparison. Silva was way past his prime. He was 10 years older than Chris and had almost 3 or 4 times as many fights. A much better example is what happened when Gracie stepped in to the ring and destroyed everyone. Just like that all the fighters ran to the exits for BJJ training. Gracie training camps exploded with attendees overnight. No one had a defense for that style of fighting. I will say that wrestling does allow the fighter to control the fight in more circumstances than BJJ. For the finish on the ground, it’s bjj. 

Dude. WTF.  That was 25 years ago.  Give it up man. BJJ is bad ass no dount but if you cant box and wrestle you will go nowhere in modern MMA. 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dude. WTF.  That was 25 years ago.  Give it up man. BJJ is bad ass no dount but if you cant box and wrestle you will go nowhere in modern MMA. 

Are you guys dense? I never said that someone could survive with ground skills alone. I boxed and wrestled in high school.  began muey thai training in my 20’s. That lead up until age 38 when I wrestled a purple belt in BJJ. I thought that I was pretty good up until that point. I was basically as helpless as a child. It was one of the most humiliating and enlightening experiences of my life. Btw, you’ll hear that same story over and over again from stand up guys that though they were tough. 

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Are you guys dense? I never said that someone could survive with ground skills alone. I boxed and wrestled in high school.  began muey thai training in my 20’s. That lead up until age 38 when I wrestled a purple belt in BJJ. I thought that I was pretty good up until that point. I was basically as helpless as a child. It was one of the most humiliating and enlightening experiences of my life. Btw, you’ll hear that same story over and over again from stand up guys that though they were tough. 

Yes you did.

6 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I appreciated grappling. Jujitsu is the king of fighting techniques. It’s the only discipline that is a must have in MMA. Without it you’ll sleep and go home. 

48 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

My original reasoning is simple. If you place a skilled BJJ opponent against any other type of fighter, boxing, wrestling, muey thai, etc...BJJ will prevail. BJJ is basically a fighting technique that was designed to cripple, permanently incapacitate, or kill the opponent. In effect it’s designed to submit the opponent through pain, unconscious, or death. 

You have rudementy comprehension skills and that’s pretty much it. :lol: 

How else was i suppose to take this statement?

My original reasoning is simple. If you place a skilled BJJ opponent against any other type of fighter, boxing, wrestling, muey thai, etc...BJJ will prevail

Just now, DAVE said:

How else was i suppose to take this statement?

My original reasoning is simple. If you place a skilled BJJ opponent against any other type of fighter, boxing, wrestling, muey thai, etc...BJJ will prevail

I’ll go though this point one more time. Take a purist from each discipline and stack them against each other. Each fighter approaches the fight from his perspective style. BJJ will rule over all the other disciplines. I’m totally convinced of that based on the historical evolution of mma and my own personal experience. 

Of course mma is a fighter’s ability to integrate all those disciplines into one smooth flowing and seemless approach. Someday there will be a fighter that puts it all together in one package. We haven’t seen that person yet. But they’re coming.