Check your account email address ×

The Real Crook....

• Platinum Contributing Member

Trump U:sos:. What a fucking scam:

The documents are evidence in a California class action suit -- Art Cohen v. Donald J. Trump -- that alleges the now-defunct Trump University failed to deliver on its promises to provide a premier real estate education with instructors "hand-picked" by Trump. The suit also alleges that the University would "upsell" students from one seminar to more expensive ones. 

The order to release the documents was granted by U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel after a request by the Washington Post. Trump's attorneys had fought to keep the playbooks private, on the grounds that they contained trade secrets. Curiel, however, didn't find enough merit in that argument. 

And, Curiel noted, there is now public interest in them since Trump "became the front-runner in the Republican nomination in the 2016 presidential race, and has placed the integrity of these court proceedings at issue." 

What the playbooks show

The playbooks contain instructions for "Trump team members" on everything from how to dress, how to run a Trump U event, how to deal with travel expenses and how talk to the media. 

But big portions are dedicated to how to bring in customers, encourage students to sign up for more courses and counter any objections or doubts they may have. 

Finding "buyers" for the programs:

Potential students would fill out profiles, and include a list of their assets. 

Related: Trump University controversy ... in 2 minutes

In a section called "identifying buyers," the playbooks instruct Trump team members to sort student profiles according to those who had the most liquid assets (over $35,000) to those who had the least (less than $2,000). 

Elsewhere in the playbooks, Trump team members were advised to "close the deal" after having one-on-one sessions with potential students and to push Trump University's most expensive package -- Gold Elite for $34,995 -- when feasible. "If they can afford the gold elite don't allow them to think about doing anything besides the gold elite." 

Pitching credit cards to buy property:

Finding lending sources for real estate investing were among the topics taught at Trump University's "Creative Financing Retreat," according to materials in the playbooks. 

A description of the retreat promised students they would learn more details about hard-money lenders, land contracts and seller-carried mortgages. 

It also covered the use of credit cards. "If a seller will take $10,000 down on a fixer-upper that you expect to make $20,000 on, why not use credit cards?"

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/31/news/companies/trump-university-playbook-documents/index.html

Edited by SnowRider

8 minutes ago, oleroule said:

Screen-Shot-2016-01-08-at-12.09.55-PM.pn

That just proves people are stupid and will pay people to fill them full of shit. 

Trumps school promised and did not deliver. Old news that no one seems to care about. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

She is.  Are people with money not allowed to support the less fortunate?  Or are only poor people allowed to support the wealthy.....you know Rump Pumpers? :lol: 

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

LOOK how cheap our Canadian friends are! :lol: 

I wouldn't pay anyone to fill me full of shit. I can get that done for free at the local bar or coffee shop lol

6 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

I wouldn't pay anyone to fill me full of shit. I can get that done for free at the local bar or coffee shop lol

It is sad they prey on college kids for this shit. As bad as timeshare salesmen are with old people. The more money they have the higher the price tag..