Check your account email address ×

Truck needs a paint job

13 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

I'm sure hed appreciate you just making the effort . I know guys who cashed in coin and stamp collections their dad's started for them...the fact you're still givin er is pretty special to him im sure :bc:

Yeah, you're likely right. I show him what I've added occasionally and although he doesn't say much about them, I know he is happy. We have gone to a few card shows together and I send him Auction links sometimes just so he can follow/see what some cards and memorabilia goes for. He still has a pretty decent coin/stamp collection himself, and if I had to guess, I'd say he enjoys those more than he does the cards? He also gave me his old Beehive hockey card collection and said to do with them what I like. I'll likely, as he did for me, pass everything down to my son someday. Surprisingly, being as the Beehives are from the 30's and 40's, they aren't worth much. I have 263 of those including some rare ones. The complete set has over 1000 photos with some short print/double print ones. The Gordie Howe, surprisingly is only worth around $20-$30 dollars, but there are lots of them around so that is what keeps the prices low, plus they are not highly sought after like Baseball, Basketball and Football cards like those are in the States.

IMG_1635.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

Edited by irv

6 minutes ago, irv said:

Yeah, you're likely right. I show him what I've added occasionally and although he doesn't say much about them, I know he is happy. We have gone to a few card shows together and I send him Auction links sometimes just so he can follow/see what some cards and memorabilia goes for. He still has a pretty decent coin/stamp collection himself, and if I had to guess, I'd say he enjoys those more than he does the cards? He also gave me his old Beehive hockey card collection and said to do with them what I like. I'll likely, as he did for me, pass everything down to my son someday. Surprisingly, being as the Beehives are from the 30's and 40's, they aren't worth much. I have 263 of those including some rare ones. The complete set has over 1000 photos with some short print/double print ones. The Gordie Howe, surprisingly is only worth around $20-$30 dollars, but there are lots of them around so that is what keeps the prices low, plus they are not highly sought after like Baseball, Basketball and Football cards like those are in the States.

IMG_1635.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

That's an incredible collection. Pass it on to your son. At some point ,if it cashed in,someone is going to be happy either way. . I think i tried starting a baseball card collection and lost interest lol. But I did have the collection from hell for the giant ass Conan the Barbarian comics . The black and white ones. Had #1 and everything.  Stupid me borrowed them to friends and I never saw them again :flush:

13 hours ago, Sael said:

I saw a TV feature last night about "free-range parenting ", letting your kids play with no supervision. :lol2:  Jeeze.....That's how we were all brought up way back when, you bruised yourself, you learned, you cut yourself you learned, you burnt the hillside behind your house you got your ass whacked. Free-range parenting.......please.

They were talking about this on radio the other day. Guy called in to talk about his daughter getting police called on her for letting 8-10 year old go to park unsupervised.

13 hours ago, xcr700 said:

There would be quite the list of people to sue if I were to remember all the unsafe toys we had lol . 

Don't touch it!!!  immediately call police so they get bomb squad out to safely  remove .  Maybe throw up some caution tape around it in the meantime, :thumbsup:

• Haha 1