Check your account email address ×

Groomer rollover

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

ditto, but i got to drive several times as part of the training. with the little bit of snow thereafter, and a few seasoned drivers already existing, my buddy and i never got opportunities to drive solo. 

It takes time for the old timers in the club to feel comfortable letting newbies go out on their own. Some of the newer equipment can cost a couple hundred thousand dollars and they want to make sure you know whwt you are doing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

It takes time for the old timers in the club to feel comfortable letting newbies go out on their own. Some of the newer equipment can cost a couple hundred thousand dollars and they want to make sure you know whwt you are doing.

yeah i understand that's part of it. the year before we signed up was a good snow year and there were times the trails could have been groomed but were not. the manager of the club told us they were hurting for groomer operators so we signed up for the next season. the next season sucked and what few times enough snow existed, the old timers took the runs. not a big deal. 

• Like 1