Check your account email address ×

Laptops

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Settings>iTunes>automatic updates. Make sure you’re not in low power mode or the automatic update toggle will be blank. If you don’t want iOS updates then shutoff updates 

In windows you can search programs and files for the word updates real easy. How is anyone supposed to be able to intuitively or even logically thing that for O/S updates you need to look in iTunes OR that you have to have low power mode turned off. I don't use iTunes, never have never will so not somewhere I would tend to look. Not particularly user friendly or intuitive.

Thanks for the information.

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

In windows you can search programs and files for the word updates real easy. How is anyone supposed to be able to intuitively or even logically thing that for O/S updates you need to look in iTunes OR that you have to have low power mode turned off. I don't use iTunes, never have never will so not somewhere I would tend to look. Not particularly user friendly or intuitive.

Thanks for the information.

All updates and subscription content goes through iTunes. It’s actually quite intuitive if you think in iTunes. All automatic updates are turned off in low power mode to save battery life. It’s really not that complicated. I do all updates of iOS through iTunes vs ota. It typically results in improved persomance.