Check your account email address ×

SLP Single Pipe set on M8

U have to ALWAYS have good fuel . U will get the octane light when u don't get fresh91. it is ok I guess because it is retarding timing when flashing I guess.

it was a decent seat of the pants feel bit more crisp in the midrage is the biggest gain .

U will need a fuel box and if going there best to buy 1 with timing.

heck a Y pipe and cut 10thow off the head will be almost as good with no box needed

my bud still owned my 10 with only a y and head cut running turbo mags from cutler

when I had my 11 with slp pipe set and hooper adj weights on .pretty much even

after I had Knapp port the jugs and did a fatazz it was a ripper down low in the Midwest  but not great at elevation the slp was decent in both .

to do them again I would spend the grand on a extra trip west .

if u buy low ball the shit out of that pipe set it took me a yr till I even got a call and I was selling for just under 1/2 of my cost new and my cost was 20%off slp msrp

• Platinum Contributing Member

Thanks for the info..both the seller and SLP say no fueling changes are needed but my sled does have a dynojet power commander although I have never fucked with it. Maybe I should just leave well enough alone. :lol:

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

U have to ALWAYS have good fuel . U will get the octane light when u don't get fresh91. it is ok I guess because it is retarding timing when flashing I guess.

it was a decent seat of the pants feel bit more crisp in the midrage is the biggest gain .

U will need a fuel box and if going there best to buy 1 with timing.

heck a Y pipe and cut 10thow off the head will be almost as good with no box needed

my bud still owned my 10 with only a y and head canning turbo mags from cutler

when I had my 11 with slp pipe set and hooper adj weights on .pretty much even

after I had Knapp port the jugs and did a fatazz it was a ripper down low in the Midwest  but not great at elevation the slp was decent in both .

to do them again I would spend the grand on a extra trip west .

if u buy low ball the shit out of that pipe set it took me a yr till I even got a call and I was selling for just under 1/2 of my cost new and my cost was 20%off slp msrp

octane light means you are detonating ......that is never a good thing and the pulling of timing is only a reaction to it. do you know anything at all about sleds or motors?

Just now, f7ben said:

octane light means you are detonating ......that is never a good thing and the pulling of timing is only a reaction to it. do you know anything at all about sleds or motors?

What is your opinion of this SLP setup on my M8?

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

What is your opinion of this SLP setup on my M8?

never ran one but that 800ho motor loves a y-pipe and the D&D head mod etc. There is a lot of power left on the table with the 800ho. You already have the PCV , join DTR and see what works and download a map from him. His PCV maps are free with sub

SLP makes good stuff and if the deal is right jump on it and put a map in the PCV for it.

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

never ran one but that 800ho motor loves a y-pipe and the D&D head mod etc. There is a lot of power left on the table with the 800ho. You already have the PCV , join DTR and see what works and download a map from him. His PCV maps are free with sub

SLP makes good stuff and if the deal is right jump on it and put a map in the PCV for it.

My motor isn't the HO and the guy wants 375 shipped from Saskatoon....SLP claims 159 HP and a gain of 6 foot pounds of torque not to mention a little weight loss. :bc:

Edited by Biggie Smails

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

My motor isn't the HO and the guy wants 375 shipped from Saskatoon....SLP claims 159 HP and a gain of 6 foot pounds of torque not to mention a little weight loss. :bc:

ahhh ....I thought you had the HO motor. That sounds like too much cash this time of year for a used pipe set. Is it the Y , pipe , and the can ?

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

ahhh ....I thought you had the HO motor. That sounds like too much cash this time of year for a used pipe set. Is it the Y , pipe , and the can ?

Yep and it's basically half price compared to new...ceramic coated and it looks pretty minty.

41 minutes ago, f7ben said:

yeah I understand that. and I am saying with the slp pipe set of u got anything but fresh gas it would start detonating . other cat s in the crew with out mods could use samefuel with no issues . 

never a issue up high but when in the Midwest I alwAys had my jerry with a gal of c110 to give a splash in case fuel was setting off octane from what ever shit pump u come across. 

but thank u for your well of tuning expertise to set me on the path to greatness 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah I understand that. and I am saying with the slp pipe set of u got anything but fresh gas it would start detonating . other cat s in the crew with out mods could use samefuel with no issues . 

never a issue up high but when in the Midwest I alwAys had my jerry with a gal of c110 to give a splash in case fuel was setting off octane from what ever shit pump u come across. 

but thank u for your well of tuning expertise to set me on the path to greatness 

All you gotta do is ask Brotato Chipp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1