Check your account email address ×

Hutch won't be down for breakfast

David Soul, one half of the '70s buddy cop duo "Starsky & Hutch," has died, his wife, Helen Snell, said in a statement provided to ABC News. He was 80.

His widow said Soul, born David Richard Solberg, died Thursday "after a valiant battle for life in the loving company of family."

Snell added, "He shared many extraordinary gifts in the world as actor, singer, storyteller, creative artist and dear friend. His smile, laughter and passion for life will be remembered by the many whose lives he has touched."

• Sad 2

Just now, HSR said:

Man,,,I loved that show,,,and the car too!!!

OIP.jpeg.jpg

The car was wicked cool when I was a kid. Was it a Gran Torino?

Just now, ckf said:

The car was wicked cool when I was a kid. Was it a Gran Torino?

Yup, I just read that they requested a Chevy Camaro but were denied so they went with the 76 Ford Gran Torino. Bad move Chevy :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Posted (edited)

He played one of the bad guys in what I feel is one of the best movie shootout scenes in the real story of 1986 Miami FBI gunfight.  Real story is some pretty amazing shit how many fatal hits the bank robbers took and kept fighting.  The entire scene was created shot for shot from the after action type report.   That must have been something. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Yup, I just read that they requested a Chevy Camaro but were denied so they went with the 76 Ford Gran Torino. Bad move Chevy :lol:

If it was a GM product I could have told you exactly what it was. For whatever reason I always liked the GM performance cars. The band was easy to pick out by looking at the grill.