Check your account email address ×

Wyomingians cry like no other at high coal and gas prices

BOHICA

• Gold Member

What a bunch of cry babies.  Even a Republican congressman talking about having the government take over instead of leaving it in the hands of the private industry.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/plan-to-hike-electric-bills-29-sparks-fury-in-wyoming/ar-AA1j2yWF

“I’m not too sure that the state shouldn’t take over your business, buy you out and deliver the electricity to our people,” Republican State Rep. Bill Allemand said at a recent hearing, referring to Rocky Mountain Power.

Coal plants accounted for about 71% of the electricity produced in Wyoming in 2022.

Rocky Mountain Power says renewable energy is saving money for its 150,000 customers in a state prone to high winds. The company says it needs to raise utility bills an average of about 21% to help pay for higher coal and natural gas, as well as to offset the impact of drought conditions on hydroelectric generation. It is also seeking a temporary 7.6% hike through mid-2024 to pay for a sudden surge in fuel prices last year caused by extreme weather.

• Gold Member
Just now, awful knawful said:

My sister lives in Wyoming. Never mentioned anything.

Probably just your people.

Republicans are my people.  Pains me that a Republican legislator is talking about how the government should take over a private business.