Check your account email address ×

Wakefield Michigan snowmobile route concerns

On 11/29/2023 at 6:40 AM, jonlafon1 said:

BINGO!  this is very important this year IMO.. Watch your speed and don't act like a D bag hot dogger while on this stretch.. Guessing all eyes will be on this stretch somewhat

Agreed 100%. 

As a sport, we've done a poor job of policing ourselves. Instead of controlling our own destiny, our destiny is being dictated to us. 

In a club officer role, you cannot believe how often we get reports of riders doing whatever the hell they want with no regard for laws/rules/land owners etc..... Sometimes it is the tourists that are the offenders, and other times it is locals..... Obviously, the largest numbers of complaints are related to noise complaints, and off trail riding..... 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Agreed 100%. 

As a sport, we've done a poor job of policing ourselves. Instead of controlling our own destiny, our destiny is being dictated to us. 

In a club officer role, you cannot believe how often we get reports of riders doing whatever the hell they want with no regard for laws/rules/land owners etc..... Sometimes it is the tourists that are the offenders, and other times it is locals..... Obviously, the largest numbers of complaints are related to noise complaints, and off trail riding..... 

I cringe when I read some comments on Facebook about off trail/loud sleds. Everyone immediately blames young kids but half the time it's grown ass adults doing it that should know better.

2 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

I cringe when I read some comments on Facebook about off trail/loud sleds. Everyone immediately blames young kids but half the time it's grown ass adults doing it that should know better.

It is an interesting mix of offenders. Last winter, we had people blasting through a Non-motorized area (Bird Sanctuary), and it turned out they were locals that absolutely knew better. Some folks assumed that it was tourists that were unfamiliar with the area, but it was locals- no excuse....

As far as Wakefield- it is generally tourists that I see tearing shit up. Old US 2 isn't ideal, but it beats the alternative. 

• Like 1