Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Based on the 600 HO Motor and has PERC and Oil Injection…also has a Neil’s Power Pipe…reliable? I’ve been reading about them and the reviews are good.👍🏼🇺🇸
Anybody have any experience with that motor? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My 660 was, but I still did pistons and a cleanup before I hit 5k.  I would trust a new 800 more but wouldn't be scared of one.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

My 660 was, but I still did pistons and a cleanup before I hit 5k.  I would trust a new 800 more but wouldn't be scared of one.  

Sounds good…thanks.👍🏼🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Based on the 600 HO Motor and has PERC and Oil Injection…also has a Neil’s Power Pipe…reliable? I’ve been reading about them and the reviews are good.👍🏼🇺🇸
Anybody have any experience with that motor? 

Look up Ean Kuhmley on Facebook. He was Anger890 back in the HCS days. He should have some feedback for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HSR said:

Look up Ean Kuhmley on Facebook. He was Anger890 back in the HCS days. He should have some feedback for you.

Will do…thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'm just gonna throw this out there as an 800 & 850/840 owner who went with the Polaris 650 this past season (in XCR trim).  Fun sled - not gonna deny it.  But I did miss the torque of the bigger sled more than I thought I would .... a lot more.  So much so that I'll be selling my XCR when the new '23 850 XC comes in.  Awesome sled in the tight trails, and has plenty of snort to ride on the lakes with the bigger sleds ... but not race.  Maybe the 685 has a bit more grunt to fill the need though?  Also, I'm not sure what the 685 gets for gas mileage, but my 650 wasn't anything impressive.  So, just throwing out a bit of a "setting the expectation" deal for ya if Carl's is any fair comparison to the 650.  I really liked it, especially the first couple rides ... but it didn't take long to miss the bigger displacement sleds I had previously owned 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bontz said:

So, I'm just gonna throw this out there as an 800 & 850/840 owner who went with the Polaris 650 this past season (in XCR trim).  Fun sled - not gonna deny it.  But I did miss the torque of the bigger sled more than I thought I would .... a lot more.  So much so that I'll be selling my XCR when the new '23 850 XC comes in.  Awesome sled in the tight trails, and has plenty of snort to ride on the lakes with the bigger sleds ... but not race.  Maybe the 685 has a bit more grunt to fill the need though?  Also, I'm not sure what the 685 gets for gas mileage, but my 650 wasn't anything impressive.  So, just throwing out a bit of a "setting the expectation" deal for ya if Carl's is any fair comparison to the 650.  I really liked it, especially the first couple rides ... but it didn't take long to miss the bigger displacement sleds I had previously owned 

Awesome review Bontz :bc: I don't rack up many miles and was thinking a 650 if anything now but I'll keep my pro s 8 for awhile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HSR said:

Look up Ean Kuhmley on Facebook. He was Anger890 back in the HCS days. He should have some feedback for you.

Ean is a great guy.  I bought a bunch of shit from him and he knows the Poo stuff as good as anyone.

33 minutes ago, Bontz said:

So, I'm just gonna throw this out there as an 800 & 850/840 owner who went with the Polaris 650 this past season (in XCR trim).  Fun sled - not gonna deny it.  But I did miss the torque of the bigger sled more than I thought I would .... a lot more.  So much so that I'll be selling my XCR when the new '23 850 XC comes in.  Awesome sled in the tight trails, and has plenty of snort to ride on the lakes with the bigger sleds ... but not race.  Maybe the 685 has a bit more grunt to fill the need though?  Also, I'm not sure what the 685 gets for gas mileage, but my 650 wasn't anything impressive.  So, just throwing out a bit of a "setting the expectation" deal for ya if Carl's is any fair comparison to the 650.  I really liked it, especially the first couple rides ... but it didn't take long to miss the bigger displacement sleds I had previously owned 

Couldn't agree more.  I was sad when I sold the 660, but it fit a very small purpose and the 800/850's almost solve that purpose and resolve the rest of the things that the small blocks can't deliver.  I would bet that the new 650 is on par with a 685 albeit with a flatter more boring power curve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Ean is a great guy.  I bought a bunch of shit from him and he knows the Poo stuff as good as anyone.

Couldn't agree more.  I was sad when I sold the 660, but it fit a very small purpose and the 800/850's almost solve that purpose and resolve the rest of the things that the small blocks can't deliver.  I would bet that the new 650 is on par with a 685 albeit with a flatter more boring power curve.

Yes Ean is awesome,bought stuff from him before,,always a great deal.

Well now I know the 650 isn't what I thought it would be. Maybe they should have tuned it for premium and squeezed more hp out of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HSR said:

Yes Ean is awesome,bought stuff from him before,,always a great deal.

Well now I know the 650 isn't what I thought it would be. Maybe they should have tuned it for premium and squeezed more hp out of it.

Easier for me as there was no shipping.  Great guy in person as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Easier for me as there was no shipping.  Great guy in person as well.

I bet he is. You're lucky to have him close by.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2022 at 7:52 PM, Bontz said:

So, I'm just gonna throw this out there as an 800 & 850/840 owner who went with the Polaris 650 this past season (in XCR trim).  Fun sled - not gonna deny it.  But I did miss the torque of the bigger sled more than I thought I would .... a lot more.  So much so that I'll be selling my XCR when the new '23 850 XC comes in.  Awesome sled in the tight trails, and has plenty of snort to ride on the lakes with the bigger sleds ... but not race.  Maybe the 685 has a bit more grunt to fill the need though?  Also, I'm not sure what the 685 gets for gas mileage, but my 650 wasn't anything impressive.  So, just throwing out a bit of a "setting the expectation" deal for ya if Carl's is any fair comparison to the 650.  I really liked it, especially the first couple rides ... but it didn't take long to miss the bigger displacement sleds I had previously owned 

Well said…the 685 is in an IQR with a 12.5 trail tank and it’s not a ton of money and for some of the trails around here it will be a hoot. I’ll still have the SB Assault 850 in the trailer so should be all good.👍🏼🇺🇸

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2022 at 6:22 PM, HSR said:

Look up Ean Kuhmley on Facebook. He was Anger890 back in the HCS days. He should have some feedback for you.

I looked for him on FB and no luck and he hasn’t been active on HCS since May 2020.🤷🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I looked for him on FB and no luck and he hasn’t been active on HCS since May 2020.🤷🏻

Damn he has a business now maybe he uses that @Deephaven may know.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Thanks…I just messaged him. I also talked to Carls today and they have one set of pistons in stock and they don’t make them anymore…I also hear that Sea Doo 720 pistons are a direct replacement…not 💯 on that one.👍🏼

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Trying to pay the bills, lol

×
×
  • Create New...