Check your account email address ×

Parts cleaner fluid

Taillight

I'm looking to buy a parts cleaner from PA. what is a good cleaner to use? is the pa solvent a good choice, some have said varisol, or kerosene. my question is which cleaner will not harm plastic and rubber seals and rubber O rings ?

Frigin PITA getting this stuff sometimes and prices range alot, I get it from Safety Kleen in Brampton (23 Regan Rd). They want it transported like a combustible fuel but I put in our truck bed without much fuss. Throw a liter of tranny fluid in it and it helps the harsh affects of the solvent and dries clean.

Some are good some are worthless. Used Safety Kleen for years @ work w/ no issues then the company switched to some eco friendly crap that was about as powerful as water (wouldn't lift moly grease from the parts) & you couldn't use it w/o a respirator because the fumes were so bad. I wish I could remember the name.

Edited by revrnd

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

Some are good some are worthless. Used Safety Kleen for years @ work w/ no issues then the company switched to some eco friendly crap that was about as powerful as water (wouldn't lift moly grease from the parts) & you couldn't use it w/o a resoirator because the fumes were so bad. I wish I could remember the name.

Agreed, I should have clarified. The ECO water based shit is...    well shit.

They still sell the petroleum based solvents, the last stuff I got was Virgin and Recycled Solvent, works good.