Check your account email address ×

Tuners wrenches

On 12/11/2021 at 7:30 PM, CFM said:

Just out loud roundtable non engine specific remarks…,Detonation can loosen a plug. So can’t the many that don’t realize ngk washers crush and thus install different from other plugs. Most vehicles/boats/sleds that i see with loose lugs have ngk’s.Install error I assume. 

I seen the same thing with NGK plugs on one of my friends sled. Loose plugs from not crushing the washer, watched him put new plugs in, I could tell he was unsure if it was tight, hold on give me that wrench, nope not tight. He got lucky the plug never blew out the first time, we just noticed it while checking out the sled.

If things look good after you pull the head, I would just put a new head on and run it.

On 12/12/2021 at 6:12 PM, Legend said:

2500 miles on a poo 800? Time to take the cylinder off. I would bet $$$ that the piston to wall clearance is too much. Piston is rattling around. 

I told him that at this point it is foolish not to slap pistons in it . He is like well let's see if the head holds up if so we can do a new top end . And I said we'll ez for you to say seeing as I will be the one tearing it apart again to do the top end as you watch 

• Haha 1