Check your account email address ×

Outdoors: Hubbardston 20-point buck is envy of hunting community

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 12/26/2020 at 3:58 PM, Polaris 550 said:

PC260986.thumb.JPG.0e01e370f319832b74fc3805df9c2ade.JPG

That buck sucks. Fuck that buck!! 

Lousy drop tine, non-typical piece of shit. Looks like the fukker got run over by that CAT BOBCAT!! 

I think that rack sucks. 

Now THIS is a rack !!! Took pics of me when I registered it!! LMAO!! Beautiful, symmetrical, typical trophy rack, shot by a " WORLD CLASS HUNTER ". 

That's right...................Uncle Znotty....get used to it!!!

What's so "typical" of that buck?   Can't tell for sure but it looks like a 4x5 with a split left G2 and miniscule brows.   Its nice but hardly anything special.

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

What's so "typical" of that buck?   Can't tell for sure but it looks like a 4x5 with a split left G2 and miniscule brows.   Its nice but hardly anything special.

Around here, people would kill for a rack like that. 

This ain't the BIG WOODS dude. I'm surrounded by sub-divisions, and a busy road. 

Might you open a can of SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!   

13 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Around here, people would kill for a rack like that. 

This ain't the BIG WOODS dude. I'm surrounded by sub-divisions, and a busy road. 

Might you open a can of SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!   

You don't need "big woods" or be far away from housing to kill trophy class deer.   Like I said its a very nice deer but not what I'd call special when it comes to "typicals".   

Watch and you can see street lights.

33 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You don't need "big woods" or be far away from housing to kill trophy class deer.   Like I said its a very nice deer but not what I'd call special when it comes to "typicals".   

OMG!! you pick a deer from IOWA to show!!! Fukkin IOWA who's KNOWN for corn-fed, massive racks from nutrients in the soils, to compare to a  fukkin deer eking out a living next to a deadly commuter/heavily-travelled road, with NO real agricultural resources for deer to browse on!! STFU!! Just STFU!! STFU!!! STFU!! 

STFU!!! 

52 minutes ago, Highmark said:

As the 2nd most wooded state in the country we obviously lack farmland. But we do get some biggens. I had a 14 pointer around here for a few yrs, Havnt seem him in 2 yrs thou.

20 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

As the 2nd most wooded state in the country we obviously lack farmland. But we do get some biggens. I had a 14 pointer around here for a few yrs, Havnt seem him in 2 yrs thou.

Everywhere can have big racked deer.   Terrain and food obviously make a difference but most importantly people need to quit shooting all the young bucks.   Iowa does a good job of this as well has having a firearm season after the main part of the rut.   I probably know of 20 groups of hunters that hunt the shotgun season's in my area and maybe 2 of them are brown its down.  The rest try and concentrate on larger or more importantly mature bucks.   I hunt a few pieces of ground where the landowners ban your group for life if you shoot even a single young buck. 

My group shot 23 deer this year....only 2 were bucks. 

Edited by Highmark

37 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Yeah, 'cause he probably got planted on the grille of a '96 Ram 1500 when he darted across Amherst Street. 

:flush:   :flush:  :flush:   :flush:   :flush:   

56 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

The problem with our area, is that we can not reasonably, CARRY-OVER a big buck with any certainty.

Cars/trucks, coyotes, and illegal hunting will get these bucks, before they have had a chance to really get massive. 

My fukkin road is like a race track at commuter hours...non fukkin stop. I found a small doe on the side of my road about two weeks ago. Sonofabitch!! Some fukkin commuter/shopper fuck.  

Even your area has some traffic that could nail a hapless deer.