Check your account email address ×

All Done

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Awesome work. Thanks for volunteering for a community sport I have loved for over 50 years. While I won’t be riding those trails I know many will appreciate all the unsung trail work you guys have done.

Thank You, I have been riding for 45 years and have helped devlelop the trail system in this area, my friend moved down south for his job and was relocated back up here, drove from Mississippi yesterday and jumped right in to help today, cudos to him

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I really don't think 90% of the fucks riding sleds  out there have any idea of just how much work gets put in to this every year . 

no doubt.  I spent a few years heavily involved before my kids got too busy to really get up there.   A lot of work but  a lot of fun with the guys doing it.  

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

no doubt.  I spent a few years heavily involved before my kids got too busy to really get up there.   A lot of work but  a lot of fun with the guys doing it.  

it's hard getting the younger guys involved, it's usually the same old guys doing all the work, my buddy from Mississippi moved down there 3 years ago for work and was the only one in my area that helped me last 3 years I been struggling with it myself was sure nice to have him back even if it was on the last project I needed to get done, he's back up here for good again so I will get help again...........even though he can polish off a shit load of beer, small price to pay I guess LOL

10 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

it's hard getting the younger guys involved, it's usually the same old guys doing all the work, my buddy from Mississippi moved down there 3 years ago for work and was the only one in my area that helped me last 3 years I been struggling with it myself was sure nice to have him back even if it was on the last project I needed to get done, he's back up here for good again so I will get help again...........even though he can polish off a shit load of beer, small price to pay I guess LOL

Yup,  much easier when there is more time on your hands which is why in most cases the "same 10 people" who do all the work are 40's +

I was 34 when I was involved so my kids were young enough they didn't have activities every weekend and my son could come along on work parties.  Once basketball took over that stopped. It's also why i sold my 09 in 2013 with only 4k miles on it when after that I was riding close to that per year and before that 2-2500 miles per year.    

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

I've finally started getting some more of my buds that are my age involved but it's usually only two weekends a year and I need to buy them a 30 rack to help. :lol:

We are fortunate to be gaining some people as they retire up here to snowmobile. I'm trail master at 29 (been since 24) and my club president is 35, most of the guys I have out helping with trail work and grooming are 60+ so you can't push them super hard, but most are good at running equipment. Need more people for weekend night grooming runs, but most of these guys wake up at 4am, they don't want to groom all night until 3am. :lol:

Edited by GGNHL

1 minute ago, GGNHL said:

I've finally started getting some more of my buds that are my age involved but it's usually only two weekends a year and I need to buy them a 30 rack to help. :lol:

We are fortunate to be gaining some people as they retire up here to snowmobile. I'm trail master at 29 (been since 24) and my club president is 35, most of the guys I have out helping with trail work and grooming are 60+ so you can't push them super hard, but most are good at running equipment. Need more people for weekend night grooming runs, but most of these guys wake up at 4, they don't want to groom all night until 3am. :lol:

we have been slowly getting the younger crowd to take over, I have been maintaining this section for 20 years, I was one of the founders of the original club and developed this trail, we merged with 2 other clubs 6 years ago and cover 1/2 the county with 140 trail miles we have a lot of ground to cover when trail work season comes around

8 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

We are fortunate to be gaining some people as they retire up here to snowmobile. I'm trail master at 29 (been since 24) and my club president is 35, most of the guys I have out helping with trail work and grooming are 60+ so you can't push them super hard, but most are good at running equipment. Need more people for weekend night grooming runs, but most of these guys wake up at 4am, they don't want to groom all night until 3am. :lol:

just wait till the girl starts popping out puppies and puts a leash on ya.  

• Haha 1

we live like 20 min out of Minneapolis in a relatively well off part of town . a lot of kids have toys. we talked with both high schools  in our parts about requiring students who drive sleds to school to be a member of a club and have clubs sticker on windshield. they were all for it after a sales pitch of clubs pushing safety and reasonability etc etc .we give every kid who puts in 5 hrs a yr free membership . also in short order we make them trail captain's to a small section . they quickly find out during making season they can ride there atv anyplace to and from trail system and trail system if doing trail work . think that is not a huge seller this close to a city .also snomobile safety training you cant even join the classes our club puts on unless you are a member . sure some join just for class but we have there adress and email to hit there dad up every yr for membership $$ and get it a lot .  we get a decent hand full of teens for a few yrs till they head off to collage/tec school  some stop in to a meeting if home on break etc or stay in the loop for group rides etc .2 who started in HS went off to school moved back and are actually groomer drivers and wrenches now  

cant get kids unless you actively go after them they wont just come to you that is a fucking cloud filled pipe dream  .

and if you dont treat them as equals once there you will never see them again