Check your account email address ×

Homeless infection rate reaches herd immunity levels.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Keeping everyone locked in their homes is the best way to keep positive cases down.  :lol:  

A report released Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) revealed that 66% of homeless people in a San Francisco shelter tested positive for coronavirus, renewing concerns about indoor housing during the pandemic.

I’d be curious to know what tests they’re using. Many of the antibody tests will show a positive for multiple/common corona strains, which is useless. I had read there are something like 75 antibody tests that are approved by the FDA, only two or three test for covid 19 specifically.

What’s the infection rate? If it’s still 2 or 3 then herd immunity is a ways off, even if the tests are to be trusted.

If accurate that’s encouraging.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   Got cried at when I mentioned this. 

A recent CDC paper suggested outdoors spread was far less likely.

So people leave the house and go to their office. Spend time with people that they practically don’t know. Ain’t no flaws in your approach. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Keeping everyone locked in their homes is the best way to keep positive cases down.  :lol:  

A report released Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) revealed that 66% of homeless people in a San Francisco shelter tested positive for coronavirus, renewing concerns about indoor housing during the pandemic.

You've been saying that for weeks now. 

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

So people leave the house and go to their office. Spend time with people that they practically don’t know. Ain’t no flaws in your approach. :lol: 

Completely missing the point as usual. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

No, you have overly complex ideas that won’t work. 

Its overly complex to ENCOURAGE people to get the fuck out of their homes while maintaining social distancing and increased personal hygiene guidelines?  :lol:   

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its overly complex to ENCOURAGE people to get the fuck out of their homes while maintaining social distancing and increased personal hygiene guidelines?  :lol:   

Thpin is the sites “Karen”

But lets tell families to lock themselves in their homes for weeks, possibly months on end.   :lol:  

The CDC recommends providing services to people outside, and encouraging “social distance,” until individual housing units can be found.

Just now, ACE said:

Thpin is the sites “Karen”

He is Karen and I'm the manager.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

I’ve never seen so many people out and about. The sidewalk past my home has never been littered with so many people and whole families. If people want to get out, they can get out. You make it sound like people are huddled into their homes like human gophers. I’m not seeing that at all. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

I’ve never seen so many people out and about. The sidewalk past my home has never been littered with so many people and whole families. If people want to get out, they can get out. You make it sound like people are huddled into their homes like human gophers. I’m not seeing that at all. 

Goes beyond going for a walk in your neighborhood with who you are living with. 

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Goes beyond going for a walk in your neighborhood. 

Please explain. Because I haven’t met one person since the shut down that’s isolating in their homes. I’ve never seen the neighborhood lawns so well kept this early in the season. All around my city people have outside projects going. Once again, you make no god damn sense. :lol: 

Edited by spin_dry

Just now, spin_dry said:

Please explain. Because I haven’t met one person since the shut down that’s isolating in their homes. I’ve never seen the neighborhood lawns so well kept this early in the season. All around my city people have outside projects going. Once again, you make no god damn sense. :lol: 

Most shelter in place ordinances do not allow you to visit a friend or relative even if you stay outside and talk standing 10 ft away from one another.   Kids in our area won't see their friends for weeks and weeks.   Absolutely no reason 10 of them can't safely sit around a campfire and talk.   There are plenty of rec area's and activities closing around the country I disagree with.  There are some business' not allowed to operate that I disagree with.   I disagree with immediate family not being able to be with someone in a hospital who is dying.  

https://governor.iowa.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Public Health Proclamation - 2020.04.16 - Region 6.pdf

• Thanks 1