Check your account email address ×

cell boosters

On 12/25/2019 at 5:25 PM, XCR1250 said:

You asking how well they work? If so they work great almost everywhere here.

your parts suck ass for t mobile but my buds with Verizon do just fine around clam lake 

Edited by Ez ryder

ok so Wilson is weboost .

I have a bud who has had reliability issues with his we boost stuff 2 units 2 yrs and they would not stand behind the product . 

he is the one telling me hiboost 

now to be fair he has his at his camp that has only wood heat so equipment goes from hot to below zero every weekend . 

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

your parts suck ass for t mobile but my buds with Verizon do just fine around clam lake 

Hear ya, ATT doesn't work well either till you get closer to Hayward. CDMA works fine but CSM is debatable.

I'm 17 miles from Clam Lake and 23 miles from Hayward.

Edited by XCR1250

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

ok so Wilson is weboost .

I have a bud who has had reliability issues with his we boost stuff 2 units 2 yrs and they would not stand behind the product . 

he is the one telling me hiboost 

now to be fair he has his at his camp that has only wood heat so equipment goes from hot to below zero every weekend . 

From a laymans perspective, Wilson changed their name to weBoost in 2015. The corporate company name is still Wilson Electronics. It acquired zBoost, its competitor many years ago. Therefore, it now owns the brands weBoost, Wilson Pro, and zBoost

They are and are not the same, I thought so too till you get to talking to both,  they do sell each others products though. Kinda weird as I had been buying many amps thru the years, you get 1 on the phone and they say "you have to ask WeBoost or you have to contact Wilson Electronics" weird dealing with them when I needed to return an item. weBoost is Wilson Electronics chief consumer line of cellular phone reception amplifiers 

A local here has a HiBoost, not sure which version though, and although it works okay it's very sketchy some days whereas the Pro70+ I use always works fine. HiBoost is made in China where as WeBoost and Wilson are made in The USA.

Some amps have much more gain than others, (adjustable is recommended, some adjust automatically)  be sure you get one with lots of gain if you are a ways from a Cell Tower or it may not work well or at all. I recommend the Wilson Pro series, I've owned 3 versions of those.

They have always stood behind their products, at least for me, even paid return shipping.

Edited by XCR1250

11 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Did they climb your roof or Tower to get the outside antenna, and they got into the dwelling and took the inside antenna and the amplifier too?? Krazy thieves. Your insurance should have covered it.

Thief Broke into a bunch of camps and took what was easy to steal left the antenna on the roof.