Check your account email address ×

Undocumented workers. The cash cow.

8 minutes ago, MichiganMarcus said:

Well you quoted me, so I assumed you read it. Anyhow, it would seem we agree. Is 75% of your workforce illegal, because we are not discussing legal immigrants that just so happen to be from latin america.

No they are NOT illegal i said they are hispanic. But i imagine some of them were illegal at some point. Just saying I dont like the blanket criminal association with hispanics. 

22 minutes ago, MichiganMarcus said:

Is that not what I said. You cannot make them citizens right away. With no clear way to know exactly how long they have been here it is unfair to those legal and waiting the five years to apply for full citizenship. They must start from the beginning, first being permanent resident aliens and then after the five years becoming citizens if they desire to.

i agree with that but using the DACA kids as an example theres a clearly defined timeline to have been here so people like that should get a visa and a path to citizenship that IMO should be longer than 5 years.  Same with those who have been here as adults within a similar timeframe.  Make it simple here in this country prior to Jan 1 2008,  history of working,  no criminal record give them temporary status,  permanent in 5 years with citizenship after 10. Deport the ones with criminal records,  deport the ones who commit crimes prior to becoming citizens and penalize the hell out of the employers who employed them if they knew they were illegal.

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i agree with that but using the DACA kids as an example theres a clearly defined timeline to have been here so people like that should get a visa and a path to citizenship that IMO should be longer than 5 years.  Same with those who have been here as adults within a similar timeframe.  Make it simple here in this country prior to Jan 1 2008,  history of working,  no criminal record give them temporary status,  permanent in 5 years with citizenship after 10. Deport the ones with criminal records,  deport the ones who commit crimes prior to becoming citizens and penalize the hell out of the employers who employed them if they knew they were illegal.

There’s many that have no memory of being in Mexico. They were raised here and work here. America is home. Sending them back to a country where there’s no support, no friends, no family, and no idea as to how to manuveor in that country is evil. It’s what gives conservative Christians their reputation. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

There’s many that have no memory of being in Mexico. They were raised here and work here. America is home. Sending them back to a country where there’s no support, no friends, no family, and no idea as to how to manuveor in that country is evil. It’s what gives conservative Christians their reputation. 

yup,   Trump did the right thing in killing DACA, that never should have come from an exec order and always should have been a bill,  but he needed to make sure that he had a pub plan that was palatable to the dems for making sure they weren't fucked in the process.  now that he's become fully engaged in right wing idiocy who the fuck knows what will happen to them.  they might have to wait till 2021 to have a new exec order signed.