Check your account email address ×

'Rust' armorer Hannah Gutierrez gets maximum 18 months for fatal on-set shooting

14 hours ago, Steve753 said:

If someone gave me a gun on a movie set and it was their job to make sure that there is not a live roundor rounds in it. No I would not check it likely. 

This.

It's her job.

Simple

How is this even possible?  Like WTF is going on ?  This happened to Bruce Lee's son I believe also. It just does not make any sense in my brain. Like the gun should be checked several times AND by the guy who is handed it last for the "shoot". I see both sides on this but still feel actors in gun scenes need to be trained in them and check them before use.. No matter what political party they contribute to. If they cant handle weapons and check them to be safe then find another actor!! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

How is this even possible?  Like WTF is going on ?  This happened to Bruce Lee's son I believe also. It just does not make any sense in my brain. Like the gun should be checked several times AND by the guy who is handed it last for the "shoot". I see both sides on this but still feel actors in gun scenes need to be trained in them and check them before use.. No matter what political party they contribute to. If they cant handle weapons and check them to be safe then find another actor!! 

I have no idea what type of training, if any is required for the actors. Are they shown the difference between a blank and a live round? 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I have no idea what type of training, if any is required for the actors. Are they shown the difference between a blank and a live round? 

Well they damn well should know!  Its just a hot topic and gathers news because Baldwin is outspoken politically. Still a damn shame and i have no idea the protocol for this stuff. It obviously needs to be revamped. I cant imagine the feeling of shooting someone with a gun not knowing it was loaded and having a expectation that its not. That would fuck up a persons mentality for sure.  

• Like 1