Check your account email address ×

Abedin admits Clinton ‘couldn’t do her job’ right with private server

Hillary Clinton’s most trusted ally was worried about her boss’ use of a private email server after Clinton missed an important phone meeting with a “foreign minister” because her email confirming the call went to her spam folder, according to documents released Wednesday.

“She missed the call because . . . I never got the email giving us the signoff to do it [the meeting]. So she wasn’t able to do her job, do what she needed to do,” Huma Abedin testified Tuesday during a deposition in a lawsuit filed by a government watchdog.

Abedin, Clinton’s top aide when she was secretary of state, was also asked about an email she sent to Clinton in November 2010 raising concerns about the server.

“We should talk about putting you on state [department] email or releasing your email address to the department so you are not going to spam,” Abedin recommended after the meeting fiasco.

“I remember looking for solutions whenever there were challenges with communications,” Abedin said under questioning by lawyers from Judicial Watch, which sued the State Department for access to Clinton’s emails.

Abedin said she wrote the ­email after Clinton complained about the missed meeting with the unidentified foreign minister.

“My response would have been, here are some suggestions. She clearly missed the window in this exchange,” Abedin testified.

Abedin, wife of former US Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) and vice chair of Clinton’s presidential campaign, also said she was “frustrated back at the fact that I wasn’t getting her messages” from the server in the basement of the Clintons’ Chappaqua home.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/30/huma-abedin-raised-concerns-about-clintons-private-server/

Maybe clinton's most trusted aide and employee should have concentrated on her first job rather than running around trying to collect multiple salaries.

Hillary Rodham Clinton personally signed off on the controversial deal in 2012 that let her top aide Huma Abedin simultaneously work for the State Department and a private New York firm with deep ties to the Clinton family, according to records made public Thursday.

The State Department emails released to select congressional committees and the watchdog group Judicial Watch also show that almost immediately after Ms. Abedin got permission to work in New York for the Teneo Group, she tried to get the federal government to pay the cost of her commuting back and forth to Washington to serve as a senior adviser to Mrs. Clinton, who was then the secretary of state.

“I need to come down to state tomorrow. Can state start paying for my travel since ny is now my base?” Ms. Abedin asked in an email to a top State Department administrative official on March 27, 2012, around the time her deal to become a special government employee (SGE) was struck.

Just four days earlier, Mrs. Clinton personally signed a title change form that approved Ms. Abedin, one of her most trusted aides, transitioning from being her deputy chief staff and a formal federal employee, to an SGE, the equivalent of a contractor with special privileges. 

The change freed Ms. Abedin also to work simultaneously in the private sector for the Teneo Group, a consulting firm in New York run by top Clinton confidant Doug Band, where Bill Clinton also collected a salary as a paid adviser.