Check your account email address ×

Scotty Bowman

• Platinum Contributing Member

Haha..love this…

"One of my favorite Bowman stories involves the Sunday afternoon he invited my then four-year-old son, Griffin, into his office to watch an NHL game on TV. Scotty was watching a St. Louis vs. Boston game in his office and I was in the training room receiving treatment for an injury. 
Scotty had his door open and Griffin wandered in and started watching the game. I could hear Griffin asking him all kinds of questions, and Scotty answered them all the way a grandfather would talk to his grandson. It reminded me of my own conversations with my late grandfather when we watched golf together years before. 
They had been talking for about 20 minutes when (assistant coach Barry) Smith came down the hallway after taking a shower. He was wrapped in a towel and ready to head into the coaching room. As he was about to go in, Scotty jumped up and grabbed the door and yelled, ”Fuck off, Barry, I’m finally in here talking with someone who knows the game.” Then Scotty slammed the door." 

- Darren McCarty. 
Source: "My Last Fight: The True Story of a Hockey Rock Star"

2D9B009C-1313-483A-AD3E-DF4B7FB994BA.jpeg.e5ff4283d9070c6754c3413e02ae2db8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My fave Scotty story was a one liner said by a player when asked what’s it like to play for Scotty.

You absolutely hate the guy 364 days a year, and on the 365th day you pick up your ring.

:lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1