Check your account email address ×

Recomendation for Touring machine

Sksman

17 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Biggest problem i have with doo is years ago my buddy bought the 800 GSX or something like that.  3 seater touring sled.

He would pretty much run out of sliders before a tank of fuel.  He was burning them up in good conditions.  If 4 or 5 of us went riding he would be the only one wearing out his sliders.  And my 700 Polaris longtrack with my fat ass on it and half as many idlers never heated up or wore sliders.

BRP did nothing but deny help to my buddy.  He paid a fortune for a piece of shit that just kept costing.

Then the bearing issues misdiagnosed by dealer cost him a motor.  No warranty.

So i have a hard time supporting a manufacturer who did not stand behind their product.  Either that or the dealer strung my buddy along but dealer still there.

Yup, had an issue with Doo as well.  A Doo warranty is not worth the paper it is written on.  Not saying the Doo 1200 isn't a reliable engine, but at best it is a good as the Yami 4-stoke (or Cats), they are all pretty good.

the 1+1 seat on my sled has heated grips. the sled is a 2010 and has just under 19,000km and the usual 1200 goodies, header pb80 and fuel controller. I had an 09 and had to do all the updates they are known for but it had 23,000km on it when I sold it