Check your account email address ×

Maude Behar

Pete

Politicians seeking to confiscate guns from Americans shouldn't share their plans with the public beforehand and should seek to maintain an element of surprise, Joy Behar said on "The View" Monday.

Behar was discussing former 2020 presidential hopeful Beto O'Rourke, a Democrat from Texas, and said it was foolish of him to announce his plans for gun confiscation before he was elected. She advised all politicians to go after the country's guns after they've assumed office.

"They should not tell everything they’re going to do. If you're going to take people’s guns away, wait until you get elected -- then take the guns away," she said. "Don’t tell them ahead of time."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/joy-behars-guns-second-amendment

Hey, Rush - her name is Joy, not Maude.  She's right though in that it certainly wasn't a politically savvy move for Beto to say what he said.  Arguably, courageous, yes - buy savvy, almost certainly not.  Personally, I find it refreshing when politicians speak freely and boldly rather calculating everything they say so as to try to be all things to all people, all chameleon-like.  I kind of admire Beto's approach of I'm gonna say what I believe and let the chips fall where they may.

8 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Hey, Rush - her name is Joy, not Maude.  She's right though in that it certainly wasn't a politically savvy move for Beto to say what he said.  Arguably, courageous, yes - buy savvy, almost certainly not.  Personally, I find it refreshing when politicians speak freely and boldly rather calculating everything they say so as to try to be all things to all people, all chameleon-like.  I kind of admire Beto's approach of I'm gonna say what I believe and let the chips fall where they may.

nice to see you listen to him.. :lol2:

15 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Maude is an underhanded piece of shit.  Beto is just a moron. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Maude is an underhanded piece of shit.  Beto is just a moron. 

Neither of them are my favorites either but sounds like you’re maybe a lil more negative on them than me.  Neither one has any effect on our lives, so I’m not bothered either way.  

1 minute ago, XC.Morrison said:

Neither of them are my favorites either but sounds like you’re maybe a lil more negative on them than me.  Neither one has any effect on our lives, so I’m not bothered either way.  

Well climate change doesn't have any effect on your life but you sure are worked up about that. 

• Haha 2